Chapter 22

Through the intriguing pain, I am thrown to the back of my own mind. I didn't have control myself anymore.

Scorpio hangs over me as I fall to the floor, shocked at the scene. "You okay, kid?"

"Run, Scorpio!", I shouted.

"Haha, don't even try. He can't hear shit you say. But he can hear me!"

"No, don't!"

The demon controlling my body's every move shoots Scorpio across the floor with a great blast. "Agh!!! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

His eyes widened as he peered into my eyes. Through my reflection in the glass, my eyes were pitch black and my pupils were blood red.

A dark aura rises from my body, using my powers to amplify it.

"Demon!!!", several gods and goddesses shout, dashing away down the hall. Very few stayed to watch.

"Shall we watch our first friend die?", the demon grins devilishly.

"No! Leave him alone!"

My hands fill with dark flames, launching them at a inhumane speed directly at Scorpio. He tumbles to the side, dodging them immediately, and shooting right back on his feet.

"I'm not trying to fight you, kid. But if I have to, I will." Scorpio surrounds himself in his power, ready to fight.

The battle begins.

The demon summons a series of dark arrows, sending them flying to Scorpio, but he counters them with a fiery blast. I plead the demon to stop, but my words went in one ear and out the other, still fighting with the god. Bear, frightened like a mouse, backs away from the fight huddling against the wall.

"Bear, I'm here! Don't worry!", I call out, knowing he may not even hear me.

Scorpio shifts into his true form, exerting more power from before. From his flaming palms, he shoots a bright, fiery spiral towards me. He willingly takes the hit, burning parts of my skin and clothes.

"Scorpio, stop! Don't attack her!" The rest of the gods come dashing down the hall on Scorpio's side.

"More death wishes. How delightful~" the demon speaks, using my lips and voice.

"Give back Summer, or you will be the one facing death!", Leon scorns, positioning his fingers to snap.

He smirks. "Hmm...I actually like this body. So powerful, don't you agree?" He outstretches my fist. A thin sheet of dark magic forms into a gun revolver around my hand. With a loud, powerful blast, the revolver spins, sending several large, magical bullets to the gods. All of them jump out of the way. Explosions ring out through the corridor, damaging the walls, windows, and floor.

As the demon forcefully uses my powers, I grow weaker and unable to move around. The zodiac gods tried their best without hitting me directly. I was going to feel great pain when I got my body back.

The fight 12 vs. 1 continues surprisingly. None even the gods combined could withstand my powers. This was very bad.

"This is a bore. All of you are weak," the demon says. "And you call yourselves, "Princes of the stars". All I see are 12 peasants."

"And I see a weak demon using a child for support. That's quite humiliating~" Zyglavis taunts. He clenches his teeth. "Why you!" He outstretches both of my fists, ready to strike with another attack. Then, bright, glowing chains, coming from behind, wraps around my waist.

"What the—Agh!!!"

Several more chains wrap around me, tightly tying my limbs together until I could barely move. "Damn it!!! Let me go, you bastard!!!", the demon shouts from my mouth.

"I will not, but you will let go of my child." It was the king. Thanks the gods. The demon struggles, attempting to twist and turn and kick its way out, even trying to blast free. The chains never budged, but only grew tighter.

"Continue to struggle, you will do nothing but give yourself a painful death," the king states, but the demon doesn't stop at all. The heavy chains proceed to coil around my body like a snake constricting its prey.

The king places his hand on my back, sending a blast through my body. The demon, in its shadow form, is released from my body. I gain control my limbs again, but fall to the ground since I was as weak as water.

The demon winces in pain, due to the intense power of the heavens and the gods. Zyglavis snaps his finger, detaching his own shadow to capture the demon, but it vanishes into the red light emitting from my chest. Though the demon back inside my body, I had control again.

Extremely exhausted, I faint, hearing the demon voice in my head.

"We aren't through yet, don't get too excited."