Chapter 31

The atmosphere intensifies as we fight for the sake of everyone's lives. Lightning crashes as the witch uses her magic to kill us. We dodge and fight back—but neither our attacks stop the witch.

  "You fooools!", the witch roars from the sky. "A pathetic child cannot defeat me!"

  Determined, I race her to the village, across the fields and through the desert. She was in our sight, yet far away. Even that giant desert snake ran from her.

  Before we even the town, the people scatter like terrified ants when a 10-year-old boy kicks through their anthill.

  "The end is near!", they all cried out, pleading for their lives as they tuck themselves away in their houses.

  "Crap..." I grunt. I jump off of Bear. I was clueless about what to do.

  The witch hovers over the town several minutes later after we arrive. "Bow to your new leader, peasants!"

With a mere flick of her finger, she set the roofs of the building ablaze. Thicks clouds of black smoke cover the city. Everyone ran for their lives. People screaming, babies crying, animals retreating—this was an apocalypse. And I didn't how to stop it all.

  I was no hero. I didn't even see myself as a worthy person to protect countless lives.

  Looking around blankly, I felt as if I am held responsible for the death of this town.

  "I-I...I...Don't know."

  Bear pushes his big self through my arm, comforting me. I shudder. "B-Bear, I..."

  He barks at me with comforting, blue eyes. The same color as my eyes now because we were spiritually connected right now. Every bark, I felt as if I know what he was saying. He gave me courage.

  "Don't give up. I am here. We are one. We shall conquer."

  He barks strangle touch my heart, but I keep his message pasted in my mind. We shall conquer.

  "Bear...We will conquer...For the universe...For Dad."

Bear barks affirmatively. I exert my power to the fullest. Our power.

I lend my energy to Phoenix, turning the tips of her wings blue. She takes flight.

This was my dad's fight. It's up to me to end it. For him. There is nothing more I can do to pay him back.

"Destroy the diamond! That should be her weakness!", I shout to my team members. We fight hard.

"Blasted child! You still don't know how to quit! Perhaps death will teach you to mess with me!", the witch snarls at my illuminating blue light. I felt myself smirk. I didn't know why; I just was.

Riding on Bear's back at an inhumane speed, we race to the witch. She fires dark magic, and we dodge them, jumping from side to side.

Several meters from the tip of her toe, I look upon the dreadful witch. She down at me, too. The dark clouds stirred over us.

Neither of us moved. Neither spoke a word. But we both know we were ready to attack. Who was willing to make the first move?

"Enough of this nonsense! Hurry up and die!"

Of course, it was the witch, impatient as ever. With a flick of her ragged fingers, she forces a lightning bolt at me. I jump into the sky before it touched the ground.

I eyed the shimmering red diamond, and summoning all of the power within me, I blast it with a gigantic blue wave. "Haaa!!!!!"

From the ground, Bear blasts a wave. And from the opposite direction in the sky, Phoenix attacks with a harsh fiery spiral. Attacking all at once, the diamond cracks. "U-Uugghhh!!!", groans the witch as her magic depletes from her old body. "Bastards!"

Piece by piece, the diamond shatters to bits until it explodes, wiping away the witch in an extraordinary blast.

  When the explosion dies down, the skies become rain, dousing the flames upon the burning houses.

  "Our savior!", the town's people cry.

  "Mission completed. Well done."

  We fall onto my knees, exhausted as the world went black.

  "Well done!", the universe smiles.

  I was happy, but I was upset.

  "What happened with my father,"  I mutter, ignoring the praise. The universe's bright smile becomes a frown.

  "I cannot tell you yet. I'm sorry."

  "How long do I have to wait to get answers?!"

  "Until you are capable of balancing out what you have now!"

  "I don't care! Screw it all! Tell me now!"

  She sighs, tapping her staff twice against the floor. Instead of an answer, I am back in my bed.

  What a bitch, I curse to myself.

  "Ooh, fiesty~" My demon purrs in my head.

  "Shut up, you annoying asshole!", I shout. "Part of the reason I am upset now!"

  Hehehehe...Yes, ma'am~"