Chapter 32

Hellfire burns within my body as I storm around my room, attempting it to ease the anger but failed to. Bear and Phoenix even kept their distance.

"Sweetie..."

"Don't you, 'sweetie' me! Why are you always keeping things from me?!"

The universe talks with me in my head.

"Some important details of your life are meant to be hidden. For your own sake. Just as your father wished."

"Obviously, he didn't know what he was doing!"

"Some things didn't go as he thought, but he knew he would die and you would be okay."

"If it didn't go as planned, then he didn't know anything!"

"Your father was indeed clever, but he had no way to escape the grasp of death. That was his fate and it became his destiny."

"Why were you being so secretive about him?!"

"He was meant to be forgotten, but only you could finish the battle we started with the witch. Otherwise, you would be just like him."

"I better off being dead with him!"

I sigh, slumping down on the edge of my bed.

"Have you figured out what do you live for?"

"You know what? No! No, I don't! I don't have anything!"

I honestly felt like I was lying to myself. But hey—it was anger doing the talking.

"I never did have anything to live for! Now just go away!"

  I fall back on my bed, breathing hard as if I was dying. I felt like dying. Don't worry, the dark king could kill me at any moment.

  "Sometimes, you should be grateful the way some things are made..." the universe whispers.

  "I said go away..."

  "You will never know the great sacrifices your father has made to keep you alive until this day. He deserves at least a 'thank you' from your lips."

  "I am not trying to hear this right now."

  I lay my head in my pillow, wishing to get myself to sleep. I couldn't bear another second. The King was my enemy...and he wants me as his child. He tried to kill my dad. We wanted to hurt me. Now he is keeping me in his palace as his own daughter. What a disgust. Technically, he is a fight I have to end, too.

  "Like I said before, that man is a liar. A disgrace~" my demon says to me.

  "You were right..." I whisper.

  "This act cannot go without punishment."

  "...I need a walk."

Both voices in my head shut up and I can finally hear my own thoughts. It was the evening. The halls were whisper quiet. I aimlessly walk the halls without a proper destination. "Princess, you seem upset." I catch 'him' in the hallway, too.

  "What's the matter, my child?" His gloved hand runs along my cheek, but I knock his arm away.

  "I am not in the mood. Leave me alone," I boldly state, avoiding all eye contact with him.

  "He hasn't heard the information about your father. He won't know. Do not tell him, either."

  "Sweetie, what is it? Talk to me, please."

  "It's nothing! Jus—I want to be alone!"

  "Why are always keeping things from me?"

  I could ask you the same question. We went back and forth, and all it did was make me angry. As much the king refused to raise his voice at me, it slowly slips out louder and louder. And we were just yelling in the now-noisy corridor.

  "Why are you so bothersome?!"

  "Because you are always upset nearly every time I see you."

  "My problems are none of your business!"

  "As a father, it is my duty to keep my children happy. And you refuse to help me help you."

  "I don't want your help! And you aren't my dad! How many times do I have to say that?!"

  "Then, I just want you to be happy."

  "Well being with you makes things worst!"

  "What am I doing wrong? Tell me, let me fix it."

  "Everything! Obviously! I want to be alone! You can't help me! YOU CAN'T FIX ANY OF THE PROBLEMS I HAVE NOW!"

  "Pr—Summer. Listen, I am trying my best to keep you satisfied. All you have been doing is hiding away in your bedroom. You refuse to talk to anyone about what you are going through. How am I, as a king and father, going to solve these situations if all you do is run away from everyone and everything?!"

  "THEN MAYBE YOU ARE JUST A TERRIBLE KING! A TERRIBLE PERSON! A LOUSY TRICKSTER! AND TOP ALL THAT WITH A TERRIBLE FATHER!"

  "AND MAYBE YOU ARE A JUST A TROUBLESOME LITTLE GIRL! ALWAYS RUNNING FROM HER PROBLEMS BECAUSE SHE IS TOO WEAK AND FEELS WORTHLESS!"

  It was too late for him to catch his tongue. The words were already out. In tears, I storm off. "Princess, I—"

  "Shut up! You've said enough."

  "Please, w—!"

  "Go away. Go rule your kingdom."

  I could hear the shaking in his voice almost as if he was about to cry too. He tries to pull me back and even hug me not to leave and hear him out, but I wasn't willing to hear any of it.

  I go back to my room. I didn't what to feel anymore. Love. Anger. Sadness. All my mind said was "Hate". I hated him. I hated the King of the Heavens. I hated this palace. I hated the heavens. I hated everything that had him connected to it.

  Without looking back, I teleported to the mansion and sneak out the front door. No one was there to stop me. I run off into the night.