Chapter 14

The next morning, we meet up out in the garden again, continuing where we left off and starting something new. Scorpio had finally gotten his window fixed. He's going to be pissed if it breaks again.

"Alright, Summer," Zyglavis instructs, holding an empty glass. "Fill this glass with water."

Full of confidence, I snap my fingers. The cup that was once empty instantly fills, but it wasn't exactly water. I don't think.

If water in the heavens was orange, then it might pass.

"Ooh!", Ichthys shouts happily. "Orange juice!"

Zyglavis looks at Ichthys, who is reaching for the glass."I wouldn't drink that if I were you."

He shrugs, putting the cup to his lips. He barely took a sip, and he groans in discomfort.

"I told you."

He whines, dashing back into the palace as he held his stomach. At least we know it isn't orange juice.

Zyglavis snaps, getting rid of the strange substance. He lets me try again.

Then, I got it right. The glass filled perfectly with water.

Instead of risking his life, Zyglavis pours the water in the grass to see if it was really water. Since nothing happened, I guess I passed.

After another few rounds, we end the session for today. Zyglavis leaves to check on Ichthys before going back to work. The King goes back to his throne room. And I was left to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. I guess find some food. But I needed someone to come with me.

Then, I catch Huedhaut, walking down the hall. I run to catch up with him.

"Hey Hue."

"Oh, Summer. It's you."

"Wanna come down to Earth with me to get a quick snack?"

"I'm still quite busy. But when I find some time this afternoon, I'll be happy to join you."

"Ok, then."

Huehaut continues down the hall. I guess I'll be alone for a while.

To kill time, I have been playing fetch with Bear and doing other stuff. Bear is growing as our time here expands. As I have been progressing as a god, he was been progressing at being my loyal companion.

But as I think about it, Bear is still mortal. While I'll be living for eternity, Bear may have another decade and a half to live. I am not ready to lose my best friend. We have been through so much. He is the only one who really understands me. I not ready to say goodbye.

After hours, Huedhaut was ready. Since he took so long, he offered an extra activity of my choice. I chose the movies.

Bear, sadly but obediently, stayed outside the theater, and we went on in.

  There was an action movie I have been wanting to see. The best part is that it was in 3D. Hue didn't really have much to say about it, but he did like the food they served in the theater.

  The movie lasted 3 hours. It was dark by the time we left.

  We stroll down the dark road, enjoying the evening sky. Very few cars passed by, along with pedestrians. Just us, the glowing streets lights, and silence.

  "If you don't feel like walking, I can teleport us back to the mansion," says Huedhaut. He already had his fingered positioned together.

  "Nah, I'm good. I'm always walking long distances."