Chapter 5

I sit on the couch, listening to the guys babble and argue. I can easily see the ones who got beef with each other. Bear plays around with Teorus and Ichthys, trying to learn the new tricks the gods were teaching him. They have a bag of little treats every time when he does it correctly. So far, he has learned to roll over. I should really go buy him a collar tomorrow.

"Hey Summer, wanna play with us?", the two offer. I shake my head. "Nah, I'm good. Go ahead." They drag me from the couch to the floor anyway. With my back to the couch, Ichthys and Teorus sit around me with Bear in the middle, being adorable as ever. He lays on his belly, his tail wagging playfully to his new play buddies.

"He's so cute!", Teo smiles joyfully to his charming entertainment.

"Dude, we have to keep this dog!", Ichthys shouts as his newly, ungloved hand gives Bear a sweet belly rub. The three enjoy their time together, leaving me in my own tiny bubble of loneliness. I wasn't jealous of any sort. Besides, he's a puppy; anyone would act like this, seeing something as fluffy and lovable as him. It's natural. But...even being surrounded by 12 strange guys, it still feels cold. It's nice to have some people to communicate with for once in my life, despite the fact some evil king is trying to kill me...but the company was quite pleasant.

There is a small knock at the large, closed doors. Then, one slowly opens. Peeking through the door was a small boy with golden brown hair, at least 6 years of age. "Hi, His Majesty requests to see all of you...," he speaks quietly, examining the room with his eyes. When his gaze comes my way, he smiles brightly like an excited child. "...And the human."

"Ugh...We're going to Tricker's again...," Scorpio scoffs, rising from his seat on the couch. Zyglavis was about to respond, but he let it go. He just shakes snaps his fingers. Once again, the scenery changes before my eyes. Our new place is similar but different. It was just as luxurious, but different patterns and set differently. This must be where their king lives.

Before us are two, large golden doors. Zyglavis is the one to knock. He hits the door 3 times.

A heavenly, male voice sounds from the inside. "Enter." That voice...

   "Summer, drop the weapon. Don't do this."

My brain recites the voice back to me. Back at Damian's house...The voices match perfectly.

"Don't be like this...Just leave..."

"He's finished, no more trouble from him. Now, put the weapon on the floor and leave."

It's an exact match. No slight differences whatsoever. He was there to stop me from killing Damian. There is no doubt.

Beyond the golden doors was a beautiful, throne room. Three golden chandeliers hang from the ceiling, brightening up the room with a lovely yellow glow of light. A red carpet is laid out before our feet, perfectly centered in the middle of the spacious room. At the end of the red trail is a shiny, golden throne. Upon it was no other than the King. He wore white and gold robes and a circlet encrusted with a small gem.

Reclining back in his throne, our eyes meet instantly before we even walk in. His gaze was strong but pretty gentle and welcoming. I turn my eyes away when he shoots me a grin.

"You called us, Your Highness?", Zyglavis says.

"...Yes, I did," he replies. "You brought our lovely human as well. I presume the gods have already informed you on your business here, correct?" He was talking to me.