Chapter 13

I wake up back in my bedroom. My entire body was weary. I could barely move. Bear was at my side watching over like a guard dog.

"What happened?"

"Your powers had awakened." The universe speaks to me.

I roll over on my side, looking into Bear's beautiful yellow eyes.

  "What happened to that annoying god?"

"He was punished. The god chose to be dishonest. Bear, along with a few witnesses, proved him guilty."

  Bear licks my nose, then stuffs his head under my chin. "Thank you," I whisper to him.

  Bear shoots his head up, looking at the door. He didn't growl though.

   The door slowly opens. Coming in was the King and Zyglavis.

  "Oh, you're awake," Zyglavis muttered, stunned at the sight of me but wore a smile.

  "How do you feel?", said the King.

  I respond, "I'm alright. My body feels a bit weak, though."

  "A lot of energy exerted from your body. You will be a bit debilitated. On top of that, you burned out those wrist cuffs I gave you with the sudden power. I got new ones."

I never realized my cuffs were off my wrists. Guess I should be more careful with them off.

Zyglavis adds on. "Also, just to be precise. That god you attacked, he was at fault, correct?"

I nod. "He ridiculed me. I told him to leave me alone, but he still went on. Then, he got pissed when I went back at him. He was about to punch me for it until my powers took over. I didn't mean to attack him. It took control of my body."

  Zyglavis nods to my alibis.

The King soon dismisses Zyglavis from my room. It was him and I. Neither of us spoke for a few minutes.

"...Why am I such a danger?", I speak, breaking the silence.

"What do you mean?", he replies.

"Why am I even being a goddess if all it's going to do is threaten mine and everyone else's life?"

"Su—"

"My own powers could kill me! And you saw what happened earlier! It took over my body and I couldn't control it. Then, it hurt someone!"

"In my defense, he deserved it..."

"Maybe I should go back to living as a human. Just being away from everyone and everything! No one will be around me and that's the way it's going to stay!"

Tears swell up in my eyes, then slowly fall down my chin when they overflow. I sob, burying my face into Bear's fur. The King lightly touches my shoulder.

"You are not a danger. You're just frightened. Once you learn to control your powers, everything will be alright."

I turn to face him. He welcomes me with a warm smile.

"...Teach me," I say to him. "Teach me how to use my powers."

He nods in approval. "But first, you need some rest. Once you are replenished and prepared, come see me."

  He rubs his gentle hand across my head. He slips the cuffs back on my wrists. In the midst of the peacefulness, I fall back to sleep.

  Once my body recovered, I was back up and moving. The gods and goddesses kept their distance from me, recalling the incident with my powers. No one dared to come near me. It was a bit lonesome, but I had the zodiac gods who weren't afraid.