Chapter 30

We fought.

  The dark spirits lunge for us, but I cast a blue, fiery spiral instantly knocking them dead. They wither away.

  We chase the witch out of the cave. She casts different spells, endeavoring to stop us but fails. We follow her out of the cave. She turns around smiling insanely, clenching her teeth hard enough for them probably break.

  "I won't let you do this! Give me the diamond!", I say scornfully.

  She rolls her eyes. "Oh please, like the heavens doesn't have the same fate as this pathetic world. I know everything about you. You are not much different from your Father!"

  "Wha—!"

  The old witch sniggers at my expression. I nearly teared up.

  "What...did...you...do to him?", I growl.

  "We had a deal," she smirks. "You're father was a criminal! I helped him stay low until they gave up the search. I said, 'this potion can only be used for you only'. He evidently caught on to my mischievous plan..." she pauses, looking me directly in the eye. "...Killing you!"

  "You!"

  "Hehehehe...It was either you...or him..." she then grumbles. "But, you see where it all went to." Then smiles again. "As punishment, I killed his wife. Right in front of his own eyes. You were lucky to survive."

  "Y-You murderer! My life has been ruined! ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!!!"

  My eyes were teary. I rage, exerting magic; I take off my cuffs to exert more energy. Bear grows, snarling ferociously at the witch, and Phoenix exerts her fiery energy.

  I wanted to kill her. I wanted to suffer. I wanted to put her in the hell hole she put me. All that was on my mind was "DEATH TO THIS PRIDEFUL DEMON!"

  She titters. "Now now. I actually you. If you hadn't drunk my potion and me erasing every memory of him from the world, that father of yours in that luxurious palace would've killed you by now. So I think I deserve a thank you."

  "What?"

  The power I was exerting immediately stop. My anger fades away. I freeze.

  "Yep, he was your biggest enemy. He could've taken you to be killed. If your father's memory wasn't erased, he would have finished the job for me. But he didn't remember what he was doing and found you. Took you home. Wasted his time on you."

  "You didn't save me...My dad did. You're going to be the one who dies!"

  The witch scoffs, putting the diamond to her chest. It enters her body. The gem glows. Her body mutates. Her entire body grows. Her hair and face turn black, growing demonic horns out the sides of her head. Her wrinkly body gets fleshy, her legs changing into swirling, black clouds like a genie.

  She grew really tall as if a giant, turning the blue sky to black in an instant.

  She had absorbed the power from all of those spirits, giving her more power than ever.

  I begin exerting power, transforming into my true form. The great battle begins.