Chapter 37

Taking me back inside the palace, he locks us in his throne room. We stand a couple of yards from each other. He looks down at me, arms crossed, trying to intimidate me, and his face like an angry bull ready to attack. As for me, I stand there with a serious face, not caring at all. Neither of us speak, and eventually, he breaks the silence in the room.

"Princess," he sighs. "You really do not know how disappointed I am in you right now. Why—How could you do something like this?"

"I have my reasons," I standardly say.

He scoffs. "Over a minor argument?! Have you gone mad?" His gloved fingers arch, wanting to just snatch me by the shirt, but he keeps his cool. "Trust me, there is much more to the story, but you have just forgotten."

"Tell me! Speak up, now! What is the meaning of all this?! Princess, you are not like this. Repent from this terrible sin."

I titter softly, awaiting as a dagger appears in my pocket. "You won't know. No one does. That's why it has been erased from time. I know the story and you have played a lovely role in this "story" of mine. And it ends..." With a quick reflex, I flash the knife with two simple fingers, sending it flying right at his face. He moves out of the way in the knick of time, the blade missing him by a hair. "...With you dead."

  He had no words to speak. "You, trying to kill me? Who has corrupted your mind? What have I done to offend you to the point where my life is the debt I owe?"

  "It was my family, you destroyed. My entire life. It was all you. You were the reason why my mom died! You were the reason why my dad is dead! You were the main one who took everything from me! And it's like they say, 'An eye for an eye'."

  Of course, he was clueless. And he had no exact clue what I meant. But that was okay. He just sighs like I was dumb.

   Once I kill him, I can get revenge on those filthy humans on Earth who had left me broken. I was delayed to kill Damian, but now I can wash my hands in his blood. My parents, my school, all who had dared spit at me shall die. Heh, who being bad could feel so good?

  My powers grew, knowing the blood moon was growing closer and closer. They already powerful since its a full moon out, but I want more. To finish this annoying lecture, I push him back with a great force against the wall.

  "You...really wish to fight me?", he groans.

  "Nah, I want to kill you."

  I flash my arm across my chest, attacking with a blue arc of magic, cutting holes in his sleeves as he blocked it with his arms. His voice lightens. "Princess, please. Think this through."

  "I am not your princess. I never was."

  "Yes, you were..."

  I flash him with two more arcs. I don't need to waste all of my magic with this guy. "Hurry up and die."

I cast a bright, beaming wave of light, causing a great explosion. He still refused to fight and protect himself and rathered to take the hits.

  He slips to the ground, his blonde hair covering his face. His robes were tattered, showing parts of his arms and chest. His crown lays crookedly across the head. He was silent, doing nothing but breathing heavily and spitting out blood.

  Standing above him, I grab him by his neck, choking out his air. "P-Princess..." his hoarse voice speaks. "Don't make yourself regret this."

  "Why would I regret this?", I spat, snatching the knife from the wall. "...Huh, a special dagger to kill a god. How an unusual way for a great king to die."

  I scoff. "Cracking jokes at a time like this?"

  "No, I dare not. But please, a regret lasts a lifetime. And there is no way to go back to fix it. It has already been done. I am clueless of why you are so angry with me? Even before this, you were always so upset and I continue to blame myself. I thought I could bring us closer again, but I failed."

  With his weak arm, he summons several memories when I was a little girl. Innocent. Happy. Careless. Always on top of him and never wanting to leave his side.

  "Haha! Daddy! Daddy!", I shouted in nearly every memory.

  I would never see myself as happy as I was back then. It feels only like a dream. My brain triggers and my head aches with intense pain as if I had gotten hit with a frying pan.

  Everything goes black. Vision after vision, laugh after laugh. It was all heartwarming, strolling through my endless pit of lost memories of them.

  Meeting all of the gods for the first time ever. And other gods I don't even know now. And a memory...from the battle. I was kidnapped by the Dark King; he wanted to kill me for my power. He attacked me...And I was just standing beside him like it never happened. He refused to talk about it.

  I really almost died that day, but the universe saved my life. She has actually saved me countless times even before that.

  Every night, he holds me tight. Never leaving me on my own. Giving me everything I ever wanted and needed.

  Earth has changed me a lot.

  I come back to reality, the magical dagger shaking in my palm.

  "Even if you do decide to end my life," he whispers. "At least, I know my little girl is thriving. She is able to stand on her own feet and become a Queen. Whether to live or die, I will accept my fate. The universe has warned me about this moment, a future that rests in your hands. So, from this point on, everything is up to you. Whatever you say, goes."

  "Kill him, Princess," the Dark King speaks to me telepathically. "This is your chance!"

  "It's your choice, Princess..." says the King.