Chapter 33

Finally alone to hear my own thoughts, I sit out in my field of lost hope. I can finally smell the difference between Earth's and Heaven's air: Earth is more polluted.

I lay in the grass. The grass I actually miss. I kinda wanna stay here. Alone. No more of anybody. I could hide away in my own sacred place.

I was tired of the King. Or is it me being tired of myself?

I don't know. But I chose the King.

I look up at the stars. I spot the Lupus constellation. My father's constellation. My constellation.

  I am the ruler of Lupus. Just like my dad. The Wolf constellation.

  I can't believe the king would try to kill him. Though he doesn't remember, he was my enemy all along. And he will pay for attempting to hurt my dad.

  "Summer, please listen," says the universe worriedly.

  "I'm done listening."

  "You have misled yourself."

  "I didn't mislead anything! You lead me here! All of those pieces moments you put in my life, that was all you! So if I do something you don't like, it's YOUR FAULT and I won't care one bit!"

  "Your father—"

  "He has done enough. It's my turn to do something!"

  "Summer, please—"

  "No! I'm done! I'm done with the heavens! I'm done with the King! You have to run millions of galaxies, don't waste your time on me!"

  With a frown, the universe disappears.

  I sat back in the grass.

"Our offer has not expired yet."

  Crow and Servillah, the cloaked men, stand behind me once more. Just like when we first met here.

  "If you are that tired of the heavens, we sure you the Under Realm is meant to be your home."

"No, I am better off alone."

"You think you can just sit there after what the King of the Heavens did to you? You need to get back at him. Show him what it is like to have nothing! Come with us."

  I never turned my eyes to them and now looking down at the grass. And without any further thinking, both of my hands were grasping theirs. "Take me to the Dark King." As if my entire soul was corrupted, a devilish smirk forms on my lips.

"Yes, Princess," they bowed.

Before we could leave, we were stopped. Bear flashes out of nowhere, sliding through the grass and pauses right in front of us.

He barks at me.

"Let's go, Bear. I don't need the heavens anymore," I ordered. A faint whine sounds from him, disturbed by my decision. We were still connected and each of our powers flowed through one another, making our bodies change.

  He barks again. "What you are doing is wrong!" I felt his words in my heart. "Not even I know much about everything, but I love the heavens."

  "You're an animal, Bear. You can't understand people. All you are supposed to do is follow your master."

  "I am your best friend. And I know you. Please come home with me. To him."

  I snarl. "No. He has done enough to ruin me, and The King will pay for everything. Come with me or not, this is your last chance!"

  "...I-I cannot," he whines.

  I break our connection. Permenantly. Summer and Bear was over. He shrinks back into a normal wolf and I lose my wolf ears and senses. I don't need them.

  Bear whines, I couldn't understand him anymore. I never looked back to him. With bright, toothy smiles, Crow and Servillah take me to the Under Realm. I owe the Dark King a visit.