Chapter 12

I wake up. Back in my bedroom this time. Too bad that was all over. Man that was fun.

My body felt refreshed, and my clothes weren't sandy. There was so evidence of what happened back in my dream.

Bear wakes up also, satisfied of the time we spent with each other.

Other than my hoodie hung up on the closet door, nothing had changed since I have been asleep for however long.

And finally I can get out this dumb dress!

I freshen up in the bathroom, changing the dress with a blue shirt and jeans. And of course my hoodie. It had gotten washed due to the fresh scent.

"Good morning, goddess." The universe appears in my head again. "Quite a dream, wasn't it?"

"It sure was."

I was a goddess now, wasn't I? I can live in the heavens freely. No more of my parents. No more drama. No more bullies. No more Damian. No more Sam.

  I should be learning how to use my powers sooner or later. Because my powers can be highly disasterous if not controlled properly, they may be an issue for a beginner.

  As I open my door out into the hall, the light shoots me in the eyes. Haven't fully adjusted yet, just woke up. I protect my eyes with my jacket hood for now.

  Like before, the gods stare at my clothes and ridicule me. Can't whisper for nothing. I guess that's one of the weaknesses of being immortal. Not knowing how to shut up.

  "Finally, you have awoken. After 7 full days."

  It was that voice again.

  My body is wrapped in light, and I am back in the throne room. The king, as usual, sits upon his golden throne. Bear wiggles in delight to see his face again. He smiles.

  "How does it feel to be a goddess now?"

  "...The same as before I fell asleep."

  By the look on his face, he didn't really expect that answer.

  "It should become more exciting once you learn to use your divine powers."

  I respond. "I was just about to get there."

  His expression goes serious. "Your powers are quite powerful, and may even overpower mine. Yet hard to control if used without skill. Gladly, it hasn't awakened as you did."

  He opens his hand, and a ball of light forms in his palm. Then, two spiked wristbands appear. "These will greatly limit the power you exert. Release too much and the bands will bound the extra power."

  I nod in confirmation, carefully taking the wristbands from his hands.

  "When you powers decide to awaken, do not take those wristbands off, no matter the situation," he adds.

  "I won't."

After, he let me leave. He teleported me to the mansion where the gods were.

"Summer's finally awake!" Ichthys leaps for joy, hugging me tightly from behind. Next came Teo and Dui.

"I can't wait to teach your how to fly, and snaps your fingers a—"

"I can't use my powers right now, Ikky," I interrupt.

  "That's right," Huedhaut adds on. "Her powers has yet to awaken. If her powers awoken now, there would be major problems."

  "Wouldn't there be issues if it awakens anyway?", asks Scorpio.

  Zyglavis answers. "That is true. Her body is still a bit weak since she has just became a goddess, yet as young as she is. Imagine her powers awakening right now."