Chapter 24

The guards finally release me from the prison, giving me a fresh set of my own clothes. My hoodie was fixed from those burn marks, and my wounds were healed. They let me change clothes before guiding me back up a stairwell back into the palace. The light shot me in the eyes; My eyes have stayed in darkness for too long. I head to my room to take a quick shower before doing anything else.

  Entering through my door, I am tackled to the ground like a football player. "Summer's back!" Ichthys and Teorus hug me while steadily putting pressure on my body as they lay on top of me.

  "Guys, I can't breathe."

  "Oh, sorry."

  The gods release me, and I get back on my feet. Phoenix lands on my shoulder, greeting me by rubbing her beak along my cheek.

  "Just a heads up, the King will be wanting to see us in a while. He has something to show us," Teorus says.

  "Alright, thanks."

  Once they leave my room, I head to the bathroom.

  About an hour later, the zodiac gods and I meet up at the throne room. Before us on his throne is the king. "All of my precious children together again. Isn't that lovely?", he smiles warmly.

  "Don't make me barf," scorns Scorpio. "Just tell us what the hell you got."

  "I would like all of you to meet someone."

  Entering from one of the doors in the room, a beautiful woman with long, wavy, silver-white hair appears before us. She wore a long, champagne purple dress with the tail of her dress colored in white sparkles. All were astonished, except for Partheno, Tauxolouve, and Leon trying to flirt.

  "Hello, everyone," the woman bows, then gazes upon me with a smile. "Hello, Summer."

"Universe?", I whisper in shock.

She nods.

"This is so cool! The actual cosmos!", Ichthys jumps excitedly.

"Ichthys of Pisces. Still blowing confetti into people's faces, aren't you?" She giggles. "It's is nice to see all of the zodiac gods doing well, too."

"Huh? I didn't expect the universe to be a real being," says Tauxolouve.

"Me neither," Huedhaut replies.

"Summer, also. Gave her quite a shock meeting me for the first time. By the way, How has life in the heavens been so far?"

I shrug my shoulder. "Shouldn't you know? Getting possessed by demons, attacking everyone. Dark King tryna kill me. What else are you trying to do to me?"

The universe titters. "Trying to make you a great god as possible."

"Go ahead and dig my grave while you're at it. I'd like roses above my tombstone."

"Make the right choices and you won't face death."

"I sit down and death is already down the street."

Scorpio chuckles. "That's one less to deal with." Krioff then elbows him to shut up.

"You have much to do, Little Lupus," the universe continues.

"Lil' who say what now?"

The universe opens her hand. A white staff with a glowing orb of deep space appears in her grasp. "Summer, princess of the heavens..." The universe taps her staff three times against the floor. Bear and I were both surrounded by purple light. "...I grant you the constellation, Lupus." Bear suddenly begins to grow. His body widens. His coat of fur becomes thicker, and his tiny paws become larger.