Chapter 8

Days pass. I haven't been going down to Earth a lot. Instead, I would go to the courtyard and just sit there. It began to remind me of the field back on Earth. Minus all of those gods.

This became my favorite spot. Sometimes I'd even sleep here. Ichthys became upset with me because I haven't been leaving the Heavens so he didn't have to work. I'll pay him back another day.

I've barely been in any contact with the gods. They began coming to my room to make sure I was alright. Even the King visited more to talk with me. I'm surprised he never lectured me about my outfits like Zyglavis does. That white dress whoever gave to me was still hung up in the closet, collecting dust along with the others.

  I meet the gods in the parlor after a long time.

  "Oh wow, look who has finally walked back into the light," Leon smirks teasingly, drinking from his glass.

  "The room is finally complete again!", shouts Ichthys, hugging me from behind. I look back at him curiously. "You mean...you guys missed me?"

  "Hell no. Go back to your hole!", Scorpio grumbles, like the jerk he his. Huedhaut nudges him in the arm for his behavior. "Of course, why wouldn't we?", says Lou.

   "You've always been hiding. What did you expect?", adds Karno.

  I was somehow shocked but touched. I'd never expect them to actually miss me and include me in their group like this. It felt nice to fit in somewhere amongst the gods. I sat with them, watching as they talked. Somehow, I felt as I shouldn't get too attached to them. I felt scared again, thinking that I would instantly lose the joy they have shown me before the true fun even happens. It was my despair washing over me once again.

  All I could see was them hurting me like everyone else. Abandoning me. Throwing me under the bus. Beating me to the ground. Threatening to kill me. The happiness I thought I was going to feel for once fades away immediately. I frown, trapped in my own bubble of despair.

  Bear runs over to my rescue, but nothing of him really worked at the moment. He rolled in my lap and licked my face. He paws at me and rolls over for a belly rub. He even fetched his ball to play. Nothing of his spiked any positive emotion out of me.

Gentle hands suddenly rub my head. The sensation felt warm. Welcoming. Soothing. A peaceful sigh flows from my lips. Another pair of arms wrap around me comfortingly.

I look up to see the source of my calmness. It was Karno and Dui. They smile when we make eye-contact. I look back down, closing my eyes as I absorb the tranquil sensation.

"...*sob*..."

I instantly burst into tears.

All the gods instantly stop what they were doing. They turn to me. My hands cover my eyes, catching all of my emotions falling from my body.

The gods surround me in a tight hug of warmth. It was too much. It was so relieving; I couldn't bear it. All of my troubles slip out of my body. My heart felt lighter.

A gentle hand caresses my cheek. It was the King.

"...Thanks. But this is too much." I wipe away my tears.

Ichthys pops up. "We don't mind. As long as our sister is satisfied, we're satisfied."

"ICHTHYYYYYSSSS!!!" All of the gods shout and ridicule him.

"What does he mean?"

"Oh, we weren't supposed to tell you until you were fully settled with us," Ichthys adds.

"ICHTHYYYYYSSSSS!!!"

"Hehe...My bad!"

The King stands on his feet. "I believe I'll take this from this point on."