Chapter 4

The voices I heard earlier aren't heard again. But who do they belong to? I never heard them before. I don't think I have. My parents, maybe? Spirit guides? Guardian angels?

  Even if the voices are my parents, I'd be ashamed to even talk to them. As many bad things I have done, I would feel like an embarrassment to their names.

   I walk back to my silent fields. Alone in the wind and bright moonlight, I sob my frustrations out of my body. My tears rush down my face like a river, and the lake glittering before me catches them.

     "So much for that wish...," I whisper to myself.

"Oh, your wish hasn't withered...It's just beginning."

  I jolt at the sound of the peculiar voice. A third voice, much different from the other two. It was dark and mystifying. And it wasn't in my head. Examining my surroundings, there are two mysterious figures dressed in cloaks behind me a couple of yards away, one in a black cloak and another in red. One's hair is long and reddish, and the other has short, yellowish-brown hair. Both had a strange tattoo on the side of their faces. Their cloaks sway in the cool breeze, making the scene seem more cryptic.

  "W-Who are you?", I say trying to sound tough as I slowly back away from them. Bear lets off a warning growl at the two people.

  Black gives a small laugh.  "No need to be so protective of yourself, girl."

  "We shall be the ones to change your life completely, young goddess," Red adds.

  My mind gets twisted. Who are these two? What the hell you mean Goddess?

  I sigh. "Look, I don't know what you want from me, but I don't have anything. So-"

  "Power is the main object you bear." They speak in perfect sync. "Be our goddess, and you shall suffer no more. For you will be powerful and those who dare harm you will perish to dust at your boots. We have seen how those humans treated you. Now everything will change. Those pathetic humans will finally meet their maker."

  Their offer didn't sound pretty promising to me. This God/Goddess stuff. Powers and magic and shit. It's too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, I believe  in Godhood, but the fact that someone is offering it to 'me'? It's crazy. Unbelieveable, escpecially coming from two creepy guys. If they just want to kill me like everybody else, might as well do it now and get it over with. But getting revenge on the destruction they did to my life, it's my prime reason to agree.

  Bear looks at me, awaiting for my decision. They cloaked men stare down at me also. I hesitate for a moment. Then, I stand up to my feet. A devilish grin form upon their lips to my actions. They each extend one hand, holding them out to me. I take a deep breath. Slowly, I walk to them, one step at a time, preparing myself mentally for what is to come of my decision.

  We were a few feet apart now. The atmosphere becomes tense with a strange aura coming from the two guys. The only thing they focused on is my hand near their's. At this point, I begin to hesitate once again. My shaking hand freezes in its position. The voices hasn't come back to tell me anything. Am I truly doing the right thing? Just as our hands are about link together, a flash of bright light surrounds us all.

     "Lay a finger on her and you will be sorry."

   My eyes relexively close to sudden light. Bear hides between my legs, shaking and whimpering to this astonishing was moment or our lives. When the finally dim, I open my eyes. Two more men appear before us. They wear this strange clothing. The one with the ponytail across his shoulder wears white, gold, and black; the other with black hair wears just white and gold.