Chapter 38: Happy Ending❤️

No, I can't. I couldn't.

The knife slips from my finger, hitting the floor with a clink. How could I be so stupid?

"...*sob*..."

I had no one to blame, but myself. I had no excuse for what I was about to commit. It takes one person to ruin everything for everyone. And that was me. I'm so quick to believe lies, the biggest lie yet was about to ruin my whole life. That's what the universe meant. I had to separate fact from fiction. Fiction may sometimes be a harmless fantasy, but fiction in real life can bring a disaster to life also.

I was out of words. I had nothing to say. I can't even look at him.

Right in front of him, I bawl like a child. Even for my attempt, he still held his arms open for me. And immediately, I fall in them.

He caresses me in his lap, my face stuffed into his neck, and holds as I cry. Not saying a word.

"...I can't forgive myself," I whine. He shushes me, kissing away my falling tears. "I forgive you, Princess. That's all that matters now. Let's start over from here."

To his gentle words, my tears fall more, soon emitting a purple light around us. His body and clothes recover in the bright rays and becoming good as new, just like he was before. The light changes me back into my normal human clothes. That tattoo was still encrusted on my cheek.

He continues to hold me until I had stopped crying. "I...I...I don't know how to clean all of this up. I am too far down in the hole I have dug."

"No worries. As long as you have help to get yourself out and fill in back up."

"Please...Will you help me?"

"Anything for my little princess. But this is a battle you mainly have to fight. You are more powerful than me," he smiles.

I help him off his feet. I had forgotten how tall he was since I was gone. Or maybe I was so caught up in my act, I felt taller than him. I feel like that helpless little girl again.

"Ready?", he whispers. I shook my head, no. "We all will fight alongside you. The Dark King is weak without your power. And he does not have it anymore."

  I breathe deeply, preparing to fully see the hell I put everyone in. On my call, we teleport out of the palace, meeting face to face with the Dark King. Of course, he was highly displeased. "You bastard! I told you to kill him! Rip him to shreds!"

  "It's over! Return to our realm or die!", King shouts back.

  Dark King laughs hysterically. "Oh no, I still one more thing up my sleeve.~"

  "Oh no—" I break into a cold sweat.

  He shouts a spell. With perfect timing, the lunar eclipse had fully covered the moon. I groan in agony as I drop to the ground, my chest giving off a red eerie glow. "Gahh!!!", I scream.

  "Princess!"

  A great demon, the head of a wolf and horns of a ram and the rest of his large body is of a black ghost, emerge from my body. Its height outdid the palace; It looks down on us with its crimson red eyes as if we were ants and the demon was a 10-year-old boy ready to squish us into goo.

  "With more than enough negative energy from your pathetic child, I now have this. So I never really needed you anyway!"

  The shadow demon roars like a giant. "Kill them! Crush these fools to ruins!", he orders.

  Everyone powered themselves up, the zodiac gods changing into their true form. Bear stands at my side. I smile and shink down to him. "...You were right. I was a fool. I truly didn't know what I was doing. I need you, buddy. Forever."