Chapter 15

I slouched on the couch back in the parlor, my chest feeling heavy from the attack. The pain had subsided soon after we arrived. Krioff got us some holy water to help us relax. Huedhaut has been feeling guilty for not being able to protect me. I felt just as guilty for not being able to protect myself.

  The atmosphere in the room grew deadly serious, not even Ichthys dared to laugh.

  "This is the Dark King's plan," Zyglavis mutters as he paces back and forth. "Whatever he's up to, this is just the beginning."

  "As strong as Summer's powers are, he has something just as powerful prepared to come across us," Leon adds, reclining on the couch.

  "If we don't figure what how to remove those things inside of her, the heavens is bound to see darkness," says Karno.

  Dui speaks next. "But those arrows haven't done anything yet. Maybe it's some decoy?"

  "Whatever it is. It needs to end before it gets worst," replies Krioff.

  All of the gods agreed to me on a minor lockdown. No Earth until the situation was over. So, I guess I am getting teleported food. I know gods don't need to eat and all, but I just like having food in my stomach.

  I felt terrible, having the gods to worry about me. All because I couldn't protect myself. Now, the Dark King—whoever he is—is about to bring chaos into the heavens.

  For two days so far, the only thing that has happened to me was breaking into a fever. Bear dashed out of my room to wake up Karno for help.

  The next morning, I hang out in the courtyard under the gazebo. Bear rolls around in the grass while I just sit there, staring off into nothing.

  "Hi, Lady Summer!"

  Altair and Vega appear out of the blue from a sudden white light.

  "What is it?", I mumble to the two tiny gods.

  "His Majesty would like to see you."

   Of course, he would've heard the news by now.

  The four of us are surrounded in light, and we are teleported to the king's throne room.

  The twelve gods were already there.

  "Hello, my little goddess," he smiles sweetly.

  I wasn't in the brightest of moods at the time. With that smile, I had the urge to walk up out of here, no turning back. But I guess that'd be rude, despite the fact I told him "shut up" a couple of times. He's just too nice.

  "...Hi," I mutter.

  With my presence, our meeting starts.

  "...Yes, I am aware of our current events. She was hit with two arrows: one in the stomach, one in the heart."

  "Then, can you remove it?", I ask aloud.

  "I cannot. In better words, I will not."

  I scoff. "Why not?"

  "Removing a dark spell, as the ones you were hit with, are quite deadly. Interacting with the one in your heart would be life-threatening. As for the stomach, just as harmful. As just as a father to his loving child, I will not allow putting yourself in a position like that, even if you agree to do it."

  Here we go again. That father-daughter thing.

  We left the throne room. The meeting felt like a waste of time anyway. I storm through the palace back to my room. I would've easily given up my life. What do I really have to live for?

  "Have mercy on him," the universe says inside my head. "He only wishes to avoid nearly losing you again."

  "Who cares that I nearly died when I was a baby? I nearly died twice! I nearly died my whole life!"

  "He was the one to prevent them all until he can be with you again."

  "Well, I've been here for a good while! Why does he even care about me? I am the one putting everyone in danger! He should care about his kingdom than me."

  "He cares about both. But you are his top priority. He has granted your most-desired wish before it even left your lips. And he will be the only being in your life to give you as much care as he does now."

"And how should you know all this?"

  "I am the universe. I see all. I know all that has been done, is happening, and what is yet to come. And I say this from a peek at your future: the beast will feed on the negative energy that lies in your heart. Only you can starve it to death.

  Unlike the humans on Earth, I have given you the gift to fulfill your own destiny. Use it wisely. And here is my question to you: What do you live for?"

  The universe says no more.

Neither did I.