Chapter 7

Light returns to my vision. I was back in the bedroom. The sunlight from the window shines directly into my eyes. I have never slept that good in forever. My mind and body felt fully refreshed. Slowing examining the room with my weak eyes, I remember what happened yesterday and why I was here.

  Bear stumbles on top of me, happy to see awake. Wagging his tiny tail, he gives me good morning kisses.

  "Morning, buddy..." My mind recalls my dream. The universe. It didn't feel like a dream it all. It felt real. Talking to the universe may be what gods do here.

  I walk to the bathroom to freshen up for the day. I didn't really want to leave my room, but I had to. I didn't feel like hearing Zyglavis' nagging.

  When I get out, a white dress is hung up on the door of my closet. There was a note on it. "Wear this."

"No, I will not."

I move the dress out the way and look into my closet. Dresses. Dresses. And more dresses.

No. No. And more nos.

I find the clothes from my backpack somehow folded up in my drawers. I take some clothes from there. Zyglavis was going to be pissed, but whatever. I'll be on Earth most of the day, so what the heck.

My clothes from yesterday were folded in my drawer also. The bloodstains were gone and smelled fresh. I throw on my jacket and walk out of my room.

  Walking through the halls, I plan out what am I even going to do. Maybe ask the gods for two hundred bucks. Buy some breakfast. Get Bear a collar. Hang out somewhere.

  I wasn't paying any attention to the other gods in the halls also, gossiping about unwanted my presence in the heavens and my "impure clothes". I promise you, gods can't whisper to save their lives. Talking quietly sounds like they're talking normally. Didn't I tell the King this was going to happen? Where is he anyway? Maybe he can take me to Earth.

  My eyes are suddenly covered from behind. My vision goes dark. I didn't have a purpose to freak out, though.

  "Guess who?~"

  "...Hi, Ichthys..." I say, patting his hand to uncover my eyes. He doesn't.

  "Say it correctly," he giggles playfully.

  "Ichthys."

  "Nope!"

  "...Ikky."

   "Ding! Ding! Ding!" Satisfied with my answer, he uncovers my eyes. For an adult like Ichthys, he sure is a child. Heck, I should be like that right now. But, with this emptiness in my soul, it's hard.

  Ichthys smiles brightly before me, perked up like before. "Oh come on! Smile for once! Why are you so miserable?!", he cries out, shaking me by the shoulders like a bell. He attempts to tickle me. I jump when he touches my side. I never knew I was ticklish. This was new to me.

  "Come on, now. Ichthys stop." I keep avoiding his tickle attacks, but he doesn't stop. He touches different parts of my body, endeavoring to get a smile or laugh out of me.

  "I'm not going to stop until I see you laugh!", he says.

   "Ichthys! Get over here now!"

  Ichthys suddenly freezes, breaking into a cold sweat. Zyglavis storms down the hall to us. "Summer Whitaker, why aren't you a dress?"

  "I'm going to Earth to do some stuff. Why do I need a dress?"

  Zyglavis sighs. "...Whatever...But Ichthys, if you don't get back here, consequences will soon come your way!"