𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒

Fandom: IT 2017
Pairing: Abusive! Henry Bowers x Tozier! OC
Prompt: "I hate you. Maybe I loved you at one point, but not anymore."
Warnings: Mentions of sexual abuse, violence, near-death experience, swearing.
Words count: 1,511

-------------------------------

Diana Tozier was fearless. At least that's what her little brother, Richie, thought. She always acted like it – but deep down there was only one fear that ate away at her brain.

And that was Henry Bowers.

Everyone was terrified of Henry – the kids who he bullied, the adults who lived on the streets he terrorised, even his three friends were scared of him.

But Diana's fear of the boy was more like a phobia. Whenever she spotted Belch's infamous Trans-Am or saw Henry walking in the general direction of her, she would break a sweat, her body would tremble and her ability to breathe would soon lose its function. Once, when Henry looked at Diana for a second too long, she had to run to the toilet to empty her stomach.

The mullet-wearing boy haunted Diana's life and she hoped that when she dies, she was a good enough person to not suffer in hell with him.

Even though this fear of the school's bully nagged away at the older Tozier child, she never let anyone see it. Or at least, she tried to. Her brother was none the wiser, along with the rest of the school. However, the object of her fears had always known.

Henry Bowers had always had a talent for reading people – especially people who were afraid. And Diana was drenched in anxiety whenever he was around. Thus began the endless cycle of abuse.

The oldest Tozier child was like no over Bower's gang victim. She was special, as Henry would say. He knew that Diana wouldn't fight in certain situations – that's what made her an easy target. He could do whatever he liked with the frightened girl. Diana was an object that Henry could take his anger out on. The abuse wasn't just physical or verbal abuse, it was sexual too. She didn't like to think about it often but when she did, Diana would hate herself for allowing it to happen. She didn't want to blame herself, she knew it was never her fault, but the looks she got around the school and the hostile words that Henry would sneer at her whilst he did it made her think the worst of herself.

As a result of this endless cycle of abuse and violence, Diana found herself attached to Henry. Perhaps she was used to the neglect she got from her parents and the abuse she got from Henry was normal for her. Diana could never forgive Henry for what he had done to her but she quickly realised that the only person she wanted comfort from was Henry himself. She wasn't sure if it was love but whatever it was, she needed it.

It was idiotic, what they were doing - going down to the well-house to kill a demonic clown. It was only idiotic for Diana Tozier because she hadn't seen what her brother or his friends had seen. Richie had to practically drag her along so she could believe him. She was curious, sure, but still sceptical.