Chapter 24- Pity, Valak and Hoseok

"What do you think?

"What do you think?..........i don't like her . I love her." I heard him saying that sternly I could tell that he's serious. I trust him I saw it in his eyes. I smiled to myself hearing him and Jimin just sighed in relief. I chuckled at my friend who is worried about me.

"I told you now let's go." I whispered to Jimin and he just told me to be mute by placing his finger on his lips.

"I still don't trust you! And I want my sister to be safe and I don't want her to be hurt like she did in past and I would rather die than being a reason of her tears. But I'm the reason for her past break up. And I don't want to be the reason of her tears anymore." I frowned upon hearing my sister. She knew that? But I didn't tell anyone except Jimin about my sister being the reason of my past break up. How?

"I saw her!" it's Jungkook now. What is he talking about? Saw me?

"I saw her crying in the alley after her break up. She cried her heart out thinking she's alone but I kept watching her. Tears fled out of her eyes as she wept and that's when I thought of protecting her. She looked so weak and light like a feather whom I wanted to make strong." his reply caught me off guard. And for a second my mind went blank.

He saw me crying? He saw me weak? He saw me breaking down? He saw me being vulnerable? And he thought of protecting me? Is that the reason why he met me? Is this the reason why he talked to me? Is this the reason why he praised me? Calling me pretty? beautiful? Is this the reason why he said "I love you " to me? Is this the reason why he kissed me? It was a help?

Oh my God! How can I be so stupid? It wasn't love............................... It was PITY all along.

He pitied me by watching my weak self and wanted to help me which I mistook it as love. He pitied me? He didn't love me? But I thought - right! That's why he called me pretty to make me feel better.

PITY I hate that word. I have never ever cried in front of anyone except my sister and Jimin. I'm afraid that people would pity me watching vulnerable and they might show concern. A concern coming from watching you weak isn't love. And I'm stupid enough to think that a man as perfect as Jungkook would love me.

All the things he said, all the things he did, all the lovely moments we had flashed through my mind. I thought it was love but he did it all out of pity. My heart just sank as the realization hit me hard and it was hard to stand as I felt my legs being weak but thanks to Jimin's support. He caught me by grabbing my shoulders. Without realizing my cheeks got damp by my tears.

I clutched onto the tiny box which I bought for him. As It was hard to breathe while crying. My throat hurts as I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I loved him. For the first time ever in my life I have loved someone so hard that I dreamt about getting older together with him. I never had any feelings for my ex nor my other crushes. But Jungkook is my first ever love whom I loved genuinely. And now it hurts worst as the relationship itself is made of pity.