Chapter 10

The Apocalypse

Y/n POV

I grabbed Sakura's hand and looked into her eyes.

They were filled with fear and they stared back into my eyes making me determined and shaking me out of my fear.

I typed a message out on my phone that read, 'We need to move. Now.'

She nodded and we ran.

We arrived at the stairs.

I knew that the school had hallways on the top floor of each building that connected to the other buildings. Unfortunately, those crazy people could also reach it so we needed to move fast.

I pushed the door open and I heard the sound a crowd of people coming up the stairs.

We need to go. I thought before grabbing Sakura's hand and running up the steps.

"Y-Y/n! What about the others?" Sakura asked.

I just gripped her hand tighter and ran faster almost making her fall down.

We arrived at the top and I panted heavily.

"Y/n...are you okay?" Sakura asked panting. "We only ran up 3 flights of stairs and you're panting like you just ran a marathon."

I made an 'OK' sign and composed myself.

Why am I getting more tired? I thought. Is it because of my throat injury?

We ran toward the hallway and we ran into the next building.

Tzuyu POV

I ran toward the stairs while dragging Mina whose face was as pale as Dahyun's.

"We need to go to the top." I said. "We should be safe there for now."

Mina just looked at me with fear-filled eyes.

"I'm going to assume you got all that." I said before dragging Mina up the stairs.

Each building has about 5 stories so we need to go up 5 flights of stairs.

I really hope we can outrun those.....things. I thought shuddering. Those aren't people. Those are monsters.

"T-Tzuyu...why do you have your bow and quiver slung around you?" Mina asked. "Isn't t-that heavy?"

"Not really. Besides, this might be useful right now." I said glancing at her.

I saw other people also starting to run up the stairs but the ones down below were devoured by a wave of those things that just burst through the door at the bottom of the stairs.

I shuddered and ran faster.

Mina suddenly tripped and fell forward but I caught her at the last second.

"Now's not the time to be clumsy penguin. We need to go." I said helping her up.

"N-Not my fault you were running too fast." Mina said glaring at me as we ran up the stairs.

We ran up the stairs until we reached the top and I slammed the door shut behind me.

I heard a commotion and I saw two girls spill out from the door and closed hastily locking it.

"Who are you two?" I asked getting my bow out in case those monsters appeared up here.

"M-My name is Ryujin." One of the girls said.

"My name is Lia." The other said.

"Okay. I think you two should follow us for now." I said readying an arrow. "Keep a look out for those things."

"I t-think those t-things are zombies." Mina said looking pale.

"Zombies?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"I think she's right." Lia said shivering. "Think about it. They have this empty look in their eyes and they are eating people. Also, look at them. Some of them...some of them are missing limbs and don't seem bothered by it."

"Hmmmmm...." I said. "Well it doesn't matter what they are. What matters is that we get out of here. Alive preferably. And if they really are zombies, not like one of them."

"Yes ma'am." Ryujin and Lia said.

Mina just nodded.

"Tzuyu?" A voice called out. "Mina?"

We turned around and I saw Y/n and Sakura running up.

"Oh my gosh! Did you see all those crazy people outside?!! It's chaos!! What are we supposed to do?!!!" Sakura said shaking me.

"Calm down." I said putting a hand on her shoulder. "Everything's going to be fine."

Sakura nodded and fanned herself.

"Are you okay?" I asked Y/n.

She nodded panting hard.

"I-I think she's having some trouble breathing." Mina said going over to Y/n and inspecting her.

She put a hand on Y/n's throat and looked at Y/n.

"I think this a result of the accident." Mina said looking at me.

Y/n typed something on her phone.

It read 'Happy Birthday Tzuyu.'

"It was your birthday?" Sakura asked before widening her eyes. "Of course it was your birthday!!"

"Here." She said kissing my cheek. "I heard you like getting birthday kisses from your friends."

I blushed and nodded.

Mina came over and kissed me.

"Uhhh...should we?" Lia asked hesitantly.

I shrugged and they kissed me on the cheek too.

Y/n smiled at me forming a finger heart before going over and leaning forward.

At the last moment, I turned my head so her lips smacked into mine.

Y/n froze before breaking the kiss and looking away blushing.

I smirked.

"What Y/n? A fiancee should be kissed by their fiancee." I said.

Lia and Ryujin squealed and hugged each other watching the scene unfolding in front of them.

"Wh-What about me?" Mina asked Y/n who blushed again before pecking her lips.

"Okay. I'm going to stop this romantic stuff right now and get us back to the problem at hand." Sakura said stepping in between us and Y/n.

Y/n pointed towards the other buildings and mimed grabbing people.

"We have to get the others?" I asked and she nodded.

"Duh. I knew that too. I meant what's the plan afterwards?" Sakura asked rolling her eyes earning her a smack from Y/n and a glare from us.

"Can you help us find our friends too?" Ryujin asked.

Y/n nodded and motioned for us to get going.

Y/n being mute is so frustrating. I thought. I don't get to hear her beautiful voice again.

Suddenly, the door to the stairs made a 'bang' sound.

We all jumped and looked at the door. 

"Should we get going?" Mina whispered.

"Y-Yeah. Let's go!" Lia said before running.

We all started taking off running behind her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not much zombie killing this chapter unfortunately. Sorry. They'll be more action in the following chapters. Don't worry.

This chapter is a mess. ㅜㅜ

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter and I will see you guys next chapter.