Chapter 18

The Apocalypse

Y/n POV

We stood up panting as we looked down towards the dogs still barking loudly.

"I think we're safe for now." Yuna said.

"Well that was hot." Jeongyeon said wriggling her eyebrows.

Me and Yuna just stared at her.

"You know...because we're out of breath and you know....that's how people are like after....doing it." Jeongyeon said her voice starting to trail off near the end after seeing our emotionless faces.

"Hahaha...let's just forget I said that." Jeongyeon said looking at us sheepishly.

I patted her head and gave her a serious look shaking my head.

"Anyway!!" Jeongyeon said clearing her throat. "Yuna have you done that before because you seem really familiar with that."

"Well...." Yuna pauses a little before speaking again. "I work as an assistant for the librarian here and I often use that ladder to get up here which is where we store all of our unused books."

"Oh? Well that's good because you saved our skins." Jeongyeon said smiling.

I smiled at her too and Yuna blushed.

"W-We should be safe up here for now." She said clearing her throat.

I looked around and spotted something.

I walked over and lifted up a book.

"What is it?" Jeongyeon asked.

I looked at Jeongyeon with a small smile.

"The Ultimate Survival Guide? Why would that be in a university library?" Jeongyeon asked.

"I think the library found that book a few weeks ago but no one ever claimed it so it was put here." Yuna said shrugging.

Hmmmmm... I thought.

I quickly pocketed a small book while no one was looking.

Still following me, huh? I thought before turning to Jeongyeon with a bright smile and handed the book to Yuna.

"What do you want me to do with this?" Yuna asked glancing at me to the book.

I signed to Jeongyeon.

"I want her to carry it around."

"Y/n wants you to carry it." Jeongyeon said.

"Why? Too lazy to carry it around yourself?" Yuna said teasingly.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Y/n has a condition that makes her get tired faster and unable to speak." Jeongyeon said to Yuna looking at me with a concerned look.

"Oh......sorry. You must be really fit though because you seems to have lasted really long." Yuna said grinning sheepishly.

I shrugged when Jeongyeon looked at me with raised eyebrows.

I mimed lifting dumbbells and Jeongyeon laughed.

"Anyway, we can't stay here forever." Jeongyeon said. "Do you know any other way out of here besides the way we just came in?"

"Well......there is a few more exits but those are near where we just came in so.......that one." Yuna said pointing.

We looked to see a small door on the far side of us.

I frowned and looked down to see the dogs sniffing around the ladder and some of them leaving the spot and searching for other victims.

"I don't think we can make it." Jeongyeon said glancing at the distance between the door and us.

Hmmmmmmm... I thought and looked at the bookcases.

Suddenly, a lightbulb lit up above my head.

"Hey! That's the lightbulb that never works!" Yuna said pointing.

"Did you have a brilliant idea or something?" Jeongyeon asked.

I nodded and pointed towards the bookcases.

"Eh?" Jeongyeon said and looked at them confused.

Yuna also furrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" Jeongyeon asked.

I huffed and puffed out my cheeks.

"We're going to jump on the bookcases and towards the door." I signed.

Jeongyeon was looking at me with sparkling eyes and a dazed expression.

Uhhhh.... I thought as my heart skipped a beat.

"And she's looking at you like you're the most precious thing in the world again." Yuna said sighing in exasperation.

Jeongyeon shook her head and looked at me with an embarrassed expression.

"Sorry. I was just.....daydreaming." Jeongyeon said blushing. "Please continue."

I sighed and rubbed my nose.

I signed my message to her again and she nodded in understanding.

"So Y/n suggested we jump across the bookcases." Jeongyeon said to Yuna.

"Hmmmmm....I don't know. They could fall down really easily if you jumped on it wrong." Yuna said and thinking with a small pout on her lips.

"Do you have any other options? I'm strong but even I'm not strong enough to take all of those things with just a metal pole." Jeongyeon said.

"I guess not." Yuna said sighing.

"Alright then. Let's do this." Jeongyeon said before pulling out the belt from her pants and using it to strap her metal pole to her back.

I widened my eyes and ran towards her and grabbed her pants so they wouldn't fall down.

I glared at her and mouthed, "What are you thinking? Do you want your pants to fall down as we jump?"

Jeongyeon's eyes were glued on my hands which were around the waistband of her pants.

"Umm...I-I...uhhh...th-the...they don't n-need a b-b-belt." Jeongyeon stammered.

Oh? Well that's embarrassing. I thought.

I let go and turned towards the bookcases.

"I'll go first." I signed to Jeongyeon oblivious to the fact that she was blushing hard.
—————————————————————-
I'm back guys. With another horrible chapter!!!

Sorry this isn't what you wanted guys. I tried though.

Anyway, see you next chapter.