Chapter 40: Season 1 Finale Part 5

The Apocalypse (Season 1 Finale)

Dahyun POV

"What is it?" Momo said after patting Nayeon's head.

"Be careful." Nayeon said groaning.

I said to Momo, "We are grabbing that SMG from its hands."

"Are you sure we're strong enough?" She asked.

"With us two, we should be enough to overpower it." I said confidently. "Besides, it's distracted right now."

The brute was still flailing around as Jihyo slammed her slipper into its head again and again, causing its head to cave in slightly. Mina shot at its legs trying to make it fall down.

"Alright. When I say go, we'l-" I said when the brute roared and toppled forward flinging Jihyo off of it.

"Go!" I exclaimed and we both ran forward.

"Dahyun! Momo! What are you doing?!" Jihyo shouted at us as we ran forward and grabbed the SMG.

We attempted to pull it out of its grip but it suddenly tightened its grip when the gun was halfway out.

It rose to its feet unsteadily snarling at us.

"Pull harder." I said to Momo and we pulled with all of our strength.

The gun moved a little more out of its grasp but the brute raised its fist.

Just when it was about to hit us a slipper appeared and hit the brute in the face causing it to loosen its grip and stumble backwards.

We fell onto our butts when the SMG broke free from its grip.

It roared at us and hit Momo with its fist causing her to fly backwards.

I panicked and raised the SMG as it charged forward at me with its mouth open and emptied the magazine right into its neck.

It gave out a small snarl and fell sideways, its eyes no longer moving.

I panted and stared at the now actually dead corpse in front of me.

"D-Did I do that?" I said.

"Dahyun! What were you thinking?!" Jihyo shouted at me and gave me a hug. "I thought you were about to die.

"Not today." I said grinning.

We heard shrieks and a zombie leaped at Chaeyoung who was distracted by another zombie and was about to bite her neck when a metal rod slammed into its mouth and it fell onto the ground where an arrow hits its neck killing it for good.

"Took you gays long enough." Jeongyeon said walking up holding the metal rod.

"I see you have a new weapon Dahyunnie." Sana said looking at the SMG in my hand.

"Let's loot the corpses." Sakura said walking up. "No time to celebrate right now. We're out in the open."

"Already did. Got a new flashy key card." Yuna said holding it up.

"Nice. Maximum level." Jihyo said inspecting it. "We should probably head to the Security Building then."

We all nodded.

What's in the Security Building? I thought. 

Y/n POV

I still felt really drained even as we walked to the Security Building.

Earlier, when I had hit the brute, I felt all of my regained strength just disappear and my entire body felt drained.

I shivered as I felt a breeze go over me.