Chapter 17

The Apocalypse

Y/n POV

We stayed absolutely still as it sniffed the air and moved its ears.

The zombie dog let out a growl and turned its head towards us.

Yuna paled and clung onto Jeongyeon's arm.

Jeongyeon gave her a look that signaled her to keep quiet.

The zombie dog walked a few steps towards our direction before a loud bang was heard.

The zombie dog instantly turned towards the sound and started running towards it.

I mouthed to Yuna and Jeongyeon that now is the chance.

They nodded and we started quietly making our way along the wall.

Jeongyeon tapped my shoulder and signed, "Where are we going?"

"Another exit. If there is one." I signed back.

"Where?" Jeongyeon signed.

I shrugged and Jeongyeon glared at me.

"I don't know. That's why we're going to search." I signed.

Yuna just looked at our hands confused.

Suddenly, we heard more barks and three of those eyeless zombie dogs appeared out of one of the aisles.

We froze as they shambled towards the front desk of the library.

'Move slowly towards the aisle right there' Yuna suddenly mouthed at us pointing.

We frowned at her but moved towards there anyway.

We saw a ladder there that connected to a floor above us.

I signed at Jeongyeon, "That's going to make a lot of noise when we're going up."

"We're not really not that better off down here." She signed back.

I scrunched up my eyebrows and stuck my tongue out a bit as I weighed going up the ladder to not going up it.

I shrugged and gestured for them to go up after thinking for a while.

Yuna and Jeongyeon didn't move staring straight at me.

I frowned and waved my hands in front of their face.

They both blinked as I frantically gestured for them to go up the library.

Jeongyeon signed, "You first."

I glared at her but she just stared right at me.

I pouted and turned my head away.

Suddenly, we heard growls and saw a zombie dog walk right by our aisle.

Jeongyeon gestured for me to go up.

I went to the ladder and gripped onto its rungs and climbed up as quietly as I could.

The ladder barely squeaked as I made my way up.

Wow. Am I that light? I thought as I shimmied my way up.

Suddenly, I heard another loud growl as another zombie dog appeared right in front of our aisle and sniffed the air.

I have to hurry up. I thought as I climbed up the ladder faster.

As I was climbing the ladder let out a squeak and the zombie dog gave out another growl as it started walking down the aisle towards us.

I gulped and climbed more finally making it to the top.

I looked around and saw no zombies anywhere.

I gestured frantically for them to come up and Yuna went to the ladder and shimmied up the ladder really fast while not making a lot of noise.

Wow. She's amazing. I thought as she climbed next to me.

Still, her climbing made some noise and the dog started walking faster as well as another zombie dog appearing at the end of the aisle.

Jeongyeon gulped and gripped her pole while she was climbing.

How does she lug that thing around this whole time? I thought as she started climbing.

However, when Jeongyeon was climbing the ladder gave out a loud squeak and the zombie dogs' heads jerked towards the ladder 

We were frozen as they sniffed the air and moved their ears around.

After a while, the dogs drooped their head.

I silently let out a sigh of relief.

'Hurry up' I mouthed. 'And give me that pole. It's slowing you down.'

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes and lifted the pole towards me and I caught the other end and Yuna helped me bring the pole up.

As we were bringing it up, the pole banged against the side of the ladder making a loud sound.

Our eyes widened and Jeongyeon looked at us with a scared look.

The zombie dogs whipped their towards the ladder and sniffed the air again.

After a while, they barked and started running towards the ladder.

"Climb!!" Yuna shouted and Jeongyeon started climbing faster.

One of the zombie dogs arrived at the ladder and jumped upwards with its jaws snapping.

Jeongyeon narrowly avoided that dog and kept climbing the ladder.

"Watch out!! On your left!!" Yuna shouted and Jeongyeon glanced over to the other dog lunging upwards.

Jeongyeon didn't react in time and tried to dodge but the dog still reached Jeongyeon's leg and was about to close its jaws around it but I hit it with the pole and the zombie dog collapsed onto the ground.

Jeongyeon used this opportunity to climb again, dodging another attempt by the other dog to bite her.

She reached us and Yuna and I pulled her up.

The dogs beneath us barked and attempted to jump towards us.

More dogs appeared and soon about ten dogs were crowding around the base of the ladder.

"I thought they were blind." Yuna murmured.

"I think they are. Maybe their other senses are way more sharp which allows them to see with those enhanced senses." Jeongyeon said.

I started fretting over Jeongyeon checking her face and her legs to see if she was bitten anywhere.

Jeongyeon chuckled and said, "Don't worry. I wasn't bitten. Though, I appreciate the concern."

I smacked her shoulder and continued checking to make sure.

Yuna looked at us with a raised eyebrow before going back to observe the dogs beneath us.

"Well.....I hope those are the most dangerous things we'll come across." She said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo. It's your favorite author here back with another chapter.

Hope you guys like it.

See you next chapter.

P.S. Did you miss me? ;)