23. SNAP OUT OF IT

| CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE |

SNAP OUT OF IT.

"YOU BREWED HIM WOLFSBANE?"

CASS looked up from the view of the snow covered grounds to find her older brother standing in the doorway, a knowing smirk on his face as he entered the Astronomy Tower, shutting the door behind himself.

"How did you know?" She intrigued.

"Saw the vials," Sirius shrugged as he stepped closer to his only sister, going to sit besides her on the balcony that overlooked the school grounds.

Cass didn't reply. She kept her eyes on the snowy fields as a small smile graced her features.

"You really care about him, don't you?" Sirius was the first one to break the silence.

Turning her head to face her brother, Cass nodded, "Of course I do. I've always cared about him," She said truthfully, "I've always cared about you all."

A smirk suddenly appeared on Sirius' face, "Well, I better be the best man at the wedding," He chuckled.

The black haired girl rolled her eyes before pushing her brother's shoulder playfully, "Shut up, we're not getting married."

"Yet."

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes but felt heat rush to her cheeks. Luckily though, she could blame the sudden colour on the coldness of the winter air.

"You coming to see us during the Christmas break?" Sirius questioned, glancing at his sister with a soft smile on his face.

The Slytherin girl gulped. She hadn't told Sirius that she was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas this year. She knew if he found out he would try persuading her to come with him to the Potter's household; a household she was more than welcome at. But she couldn't just leave her younger brother alone at Hogwarts. Especially not during Christmas. 

Both Olivia Turner and Evan Rosier were going back home for the break, meaning Cassiopeia and Regulus wouldn't have anyone apart from themselves, and they were absolutely fine with that. The two siblings were incredibly close even when they weren't. Their bond was unbreakable. 

"Maybe," Cass finally replied, after realising she hadn't said a word for slightly too long. She bit her lip when she noticed Sirius' smile widening. 

"Perfect. I'll see you on the train then, yeah?" 

Cass gave him a tight-lipped smile, "Sure," She nodded her head, trying not to make eye contact with her older brother.

The smile on Sirius' face was still very present as he placed a quick kiss on his sister's cheek before ruffling her dark hair up as he stood up. Earning a slap on his knee from the Slytherin girl. She watched as he exited the Astronomy Tower, his chuckle echoing off the walls before he disappeared from view. 

Letting out a deep sigh, Cassiopeia turned back around, her piercing blue eyes landing back on the white fields ahead. The Slytherin girl wasn't one to feel jealous, yet she definitely had her moments where jealousy would spike. Especially when she would see the way Mr. and Mrs. Potter acted with Sirius; as if he was their second son. The love and care they provided him was something all the Black children longed for. And sure, she was more than happy that her brother received it, but there were definitely parts of her that wished she could be in his shoes.

She didn't even realise how much that thought effected her, until she felt something wet falling onto her hands. Finally snapping herself out of her daydream, the black haired girl felt something warm running down her cheek, "Snap out of it, Cass," She muttered to herself, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. She absolutely despised crying. Her parents always taught her that it was a weakness, and you weren't allowed to show people your weakness, "Get a hold of yourself," Cassiopeia muttered once again and finally the tears ceased to exist.