48. I'VE GOT SCARS TOO

| CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT |

I'VE GOT SCARS TOO

"SO, WHAT HAVE YOU GOT planned for us? Cass asked, grinning at her boyfriend. 

Both Lyall and Hope had gone off to a doctor's appointment, leaving the two teenagers alone for the next few hours. The sun was shining brightly and the air was pleasantly warm.

"There's a small lake nearby," Remus smiled sheepishly, "I'm sorry, it's super quiet here," He added as he scratched the back of his neck.

"I love quiet," The black haired girl smiled, "Better than the busy life in London," Cass added as she intertwined their fingers together, letting Remus lead her away from the small, cosy cottage, "When we grow up I want us to get a cottage somewhere this secluded. Somewhere near nature," The words left her plump lips before she could even register them.

"We?"

Cassiopeia suddenly turned a deep red colour, "Erm...I- I mean--I--No?"

Remus chuckled, his laugh causing Cass' stomach to fill up with butterflies, "I would love that," He said sincerely as they suddenly came to a standstill. 

Cassiopeia had never felt so vulnerable as she did in that moment. Her emotions were on full display as she looked up into Remus' dark eyes, "Really?" She asked, "You're not just saying that?"

The werewolf suddenly pulled his hand from his girlfriend's, before she even had time to register it all, he pressed his palms against her cheeks, his thumbs stroking her soft skin, "I love you more than anything in the world, Cassiopeia Black," He said, his eyes and voice full of emotions. He never even looked away from her eyes, "And I would love to be with you after we graduate.'

Cassiopeia couldn't control her face as she grinned at him, her piercingly blue eyes were full of adoration as she pressed her palms against the top of his hands, "I love you too, Remus Lupin," She breathed out before standing up on her tip-toes, connecting their lips in a kiss that held more emotion than ever before, "Come on then," The black haired girl finally pulled away, a small smirk on her face, "Show me that lake."

It was about a fifteen minute walk before the loved up couple arrived at the small quiet lake. The whole walk their hands had been super glued together, their bodies close as they would sneak cheeky kisses every so often. 

Cass' eyes lit up even more (if that was even possible) when her eyes landed on the calm water. Dropping Remus hand from hers, the blue eyed girl walked towards it, kicking off her shoes on the way. 

Remus' eyes suddenly widened when Cassiopeia abruptly tugged her shirt off, leaving her in only a black lace bralette and her jeans. When she began to unbutton them, Remus quickly looked away with flustered cheeks. Only looking back when he heard a slash of water. Cass' clothes and shoes were left in a small pile by the edge of the lake, the girl was nowhere to be seen until she suddenly resurfaced from under the water. Her hair soaked as she pushed it back, grinning widely at Remus when their eyes met again.

"Are you coming in then?"

"Er..Yeah," Remus nodded, suddenly feeling nerves bubbling in his stomach. He took a step over to where his girlfriend's clothes lay and began to untie his shoes painfully slow.

With a satisfied smile, Cassiopeia closed her bright blue eyes as she laid her head back, loving the feeling of the cold water enveloping her body as the sun beamed down on her. She re-opened her eyes when she heard someone entering the water, "You don't have to be shy around me, you know that right?" The black haired girl asked, frowning when she noticed Remus' flushed cheeks. He still had on his t-shirt but by the looks of it, his jeans were lying on top of Cass' back on the grass, "I've seen you without a shirt before."

Remus smiled sheepishly, "I know, it's just...different now."

Cassiopeia felt her heart breaking at the look on Remus' face. She knew how much the scars that littered his body effected him, and she knew that there wasn't anything she could say that would change his opinions on them; something she's tried ever since the pair of them became friends. So, instead she rushed over to his side and as soon as she reached him, she let her back straighten up, exposing her neck and torso.

Remus' dark eyes widened in worry when he noticed a fair amount of scars scattered across Cass' body. His eyes inspected each of them carefully. They all looked different, some deeper, some barely visible, some new, others old. 

Cassiopeia had never shown them to anyone before, well, apart from Regulus, so the feeling of Remus' eyes inspecting ever injury on her left her feeling exposed, "I've got scars too," She said turning around so she could show him her back. She heard him take a deep inhale as he looked at the longest scar he had ever laid his eyes upon running diagonally across her pale back.

Remus didn't know what overcame him, but something must've clicked as he suddenly grabbed the hem of his now soaked-through shirt and pulled it over his head, throwing it onto the grass before taking a step closer to the black haired girl, her back still facing him. His eyes scanned her back with a sad look to them. He heard her draw in a breath when his fingers suddenly touched the scar. The touch was the softest thing Cassiopeia had ever experienced.

"What happened?" Remus' voice was barely above a whisper, Cass only heard it due to the closeness of their bodies.

"I'll tell you about them one day," The black haired girl said softly as she turned back around, coming face to face with Remus' exposed torso. A genuine smile graced her features as she let her eyes travel upwards to his eyes, "I love you."

Remus felt his heart skipping a beat, his hand gently touched Cass' cheek, "I love you too," And with that, their lips interlocked once again.