45. WAY TO GO, DOOFUS

| CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE |

WAY TO GO, DOOFUS.

CASSIOPEIA SCRIBBLED DOWN IN HER notes. She and the girls - apart from Lily who had Prefect duties with Remus - gathered around in the library, finishing off their homework which some of them (Cassiopeia Black) left to the very last minute. 

Her wrist was already aching and it really hadn't been long since the four girls had sat down and started, but she knew she was ready to finish. So, when she heard a trio of noisy boys making their way over to them, she couldn't help but sigh in relief. Placing her quill down, the Slytherin looked up, glancing between each boy, "You three lost?" She teased, tilting her head to the side as the looked at them.

Marlene, Olivia and even Alice all groaned in annoyance when the boys gathered around the table, wide grins on their faces; ones that stayed there even after Madam Pince threatened to kick them out for disturbing the quietness. 

"No, actually, we're not," James stated, "We need your help, Cassie."

"What is it, Jamesy?"

James grimaced at the nickname as Sirius took a step forward, "We need the password for the Slytherin common room," Her brother stated.

Cassiopeia shared a confused look with the girls as the three of them stopped writing and were now watching the scene unfold, "What for?"

"Well, we thought we'd get in on some of the action of pranking Snivellus," James replied with an excited tone of voice, "We can't let you have all the fun."

For the past few months, Cassiopeia had been pranking Snape almost everyday. As it turned out, the Prewett twins were still making new sweets and they needed someone to test them on, whilst Cass wanted to make Snape pay for calling Lily a Mudblood, so the three of them started using him as a guinea pig and to say that the outcome wasn't amusing would've been a big, dirty lie. They did everything they could to him, from turning his hair bright pink for a week to making him sneeze slugs, it was definitely the most entertaining thing happening at the school. 

The Slytherin smirked to herself, "Yeah, it's been pretty fun," She commented and as she was about to reveal the password to them, Sirius suddenly yelled, "Lupin!" 

His voice almost echoed off the library walls, causing Madam Pince to sent him daggers as the gave him his last warning. It caused Peter to almost jump right out of his skin. James didn't seem bothered, he simply glanced over to one of the book shelves before looking back at Cassiopeia, who's piercing blue eyes were open wide, her mouth slightly agape as she looked at her brother with a puzzled expression.

The other three girls weren't better off. Liv almost fell out of her seat at the sudden loud noise. Marlene spilled her ink all over her Transfiguration homework whilst Alice jumped causing her quill to scratch across her parchment, leaving the longest line possible right in the middle of a paragraph she had been working on.

"What in Merlin's name was that, Sirius?" The Slytherin questioned, her eyes still almost bulging out of their sockets.

Sirius didn't reply, he didn't need to as suddenly Remus and Lily arrived at the table. The redhead looked befuddled whilst Remus looked displeased, "I told you to stop doing that, Padfoot," The werewolf muttered before going to greet his girlfriend with a quick kiss.

"Ew, not in front of me you guys," Sirius groaned, shielding his eyes dramatically.

"Are you two finished now?" Cassiopeia questioned, ignoring her brother as she kept her eyes fixated on Remus.

He shook his head, his hair flopping around his forehead, "Almost," He told her, "We just stopped by on our way over to towards the Ravenclaw tower. Thought we'd say hello."

"See how you guys are getting on," Lily added, snickering when she noticed Cass' almost empty piece of parchment.

"Are you coming to the kitchens tonight?" The sandy-brown haired boy suddenly asked, very clearly directing his question at his girlfriend but before she could reply, Peter had already opened his mouth, "No, why do you ask?"

Shaking his head Remus briefly glanced at his shortest friend, "I was asking Cass," He clarified.

"Oh," Peter mumbled, the tips of his ears turning red.

"No, I can't today," Cassiopeia told him, "I told Regulus I would hang out with him in the common room. Tomorrow though?"

Remus grinned, "Tomorrow it is," He clarified, leaning down he pressed a longing kiss on Cass' forehead before pulling away and standing up straight, "Well, we better get going. See you guys later."

As everyone said their farewells and the two Gryffindor Prefects were ready to exit the library, Sirius suddenly cupped his hands around his mouth, a cheeky smile across his face and a mischievous glint in his grey eyes, "Lupout!" He yelled as soon as he saw Remus foot step past the threshold of the door.

Turning around, Remus was quick to flip his friend off whilst Madam Pince sprung out of her chair, her eyes enraged as she stormed over to the three hysterical boys and the four confused yet slightly amused girls. 

Pointing her finger at all seven students she hissed, "All of you out. Now!"

Marlene's jaw dropped, "But we didn't do--"

"I said out!"

The girls didn't argue anymore. They jumped to their feet, practically shovelling their stationary and books into their bags, not caring about how crinkled the parchment was getting. Cassiopeia threw her bag over her shoulder before she grabbed her Potions book, as she walked behind her brother, she whacked him in the back of the head, "Way to go, doofus."