36. BLACK

| CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX |

BLACK.

REMUS LUPIN WAS MORE THAN ecstatic  to be coming back to Hogwarts for his sixth year. Not only was he a Prefect now, he got to experience the ups and downs with his three brother-like best friends and his gorgeous girlfriend; the person he missed the most during the summer holiday. 

He got to see the rest of the Marauders almost all of the holiday, however, due to Cass' being in the Black family, she had to keep their relationship a secret, which resulted in them seeing one another during one and a half week that her parents had gone off somewhere. The rest of the time was sending letters to each other, but only every couple of weeks as to not raise Walburga or Orion's suspicions. 

Standing at Platform nine and three quarter, breathing in the coal, Remus couldn't wipe the smile off his face. It wouldn't be much longer until he got to see the Slytherin and he was beyond excited. However, the fact that he couldn't spot her, Regulus or their parents anywhere was slowly beginning to worry him.

"There you are," Sirius clasped his hand around the werewolf's shoulder, bringing him out of his daydream. Behind the grey eyed boy was Peter and James, all of them with wide grins spread across their faces and their suitcases clasped in their hands. 

"Here I am," Remus smiled, "Have either of you seen Cass anywhere? She hasn't replied to my last two letters and I was hoping to see her before meeting up with Lily."

James' eyes suddenly widened, a jealous look appearing in his eyes, "Wait, you're meeting up with Lilypad. My Lilypad? Why?"

Remus rolled his eyes, "I told you, she's a Prefect too," He clarified before letting his eyes look around the Platform again, "I haven't seen Cass anywhere, or Regulus or your parents," He said turning to look at Sirius who suddenly turned worried.

"They're never late," The grey eyed boy stated, just before he was about to search for his siblings.

Peter suddenly let out a loud gasp, "Oh my...Look!"

Each of the Marauders followed Peter's pointer finger to the large crowd of students. Remus watched with a puzzled expression as he spotted the students suddenly divided in two, leaving a large gap right in the middle. Remus felt his breath hitch in his throat when two figures suddenly walked through the centre of the groups, both of them dressed in black head to toe.  

Cassiopeia and Regulus Black were walking straight towards the Hogwarts Express, their eyes hidden away by pitch black sunglasses. 

Their heads were held high and chest puffed out. Remus let his eyes wander over his girlfriend's figure, she looked completely and utterly different to how he had seen her last. Her long ebony hair was now cut to just above her shoulders and styled very messily. Her gorgeously piercing blue eyes were obscured by black cateye sunglasses that were perched perfectly on her nose. Her lips were painted a cherry red colour and even from standing so far from her, Remus was able to spot the slight cut on the bottom one. Her cheek bones were almost prodding out from under her skin.

She wore a jet black tank top with matching shorts that showed off her long legs perfectly with cherry red boots to contrast everything. However, what caught Remus' attention was the bandages wrapped around her left thigh and knee and worry flooded his veins. 

"Alright stop oogling my little sister now," Sirius ordered, his voice cutting the rest of the Marauders out of their trance, "Apart from Moony, I suppose."

However, their eyes didn't leave her as they observed her lugging her suitcase and owl cage behind her, before she and Regulus finally disappeared from sight when they boarded the train. 

"Was it just me..." James was the first one to speak up, his face wasn't one of jealousy anymore, instead his eyes looked at Sirius with an anxious expression, "Or did she not look anything like herself...Like at all?"

Sirius frowned, his chest aching for his siblings, "She looked even worse than the beginning of last year."