54. STRANGE SIGHT

| CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR |

STRANGE SIGHT.

CASSIOPEIA BLACK HAD NEVER FELT so excited for Christmas. It wasn't ever a happy time with her family and so she always was thankful when she didn't have to celebrate it. But, this year things were different. She was beyond happy about spending it with her boyfriend and his family, all of her worries about being a burden seemed to disappear when Hope Lupin sent her an owl, practically scolding the girl for calling herself such a thing and making her promise that she would come round for the holiday.

However, Cass couldn't deny the worry that settled in her stomach when she spotted her younger brother on the train. She knew he was going back home and hoped that their parents weren't going to be there (meaning he could come round to the Lupins' house for the day), but her worse fears came true when the Hogwarts Express finally arrived at Platform nine and three quarters.

Her piercing blue eyes were practically super glued to the window, looking out into the large crowd of smiling parents. Right smack in the middle were the grumpiest people she had ever seen, sticking out like a sore thumb; Walburga and Orion Black. Her stomach churned as nerves over came her. It was a strange sight seeing not one but both of the Black parents standing there, especially around this time of the year. Cassiopeia couldn't even remember the last time she spent Christmas with her so-called parents; they always seemed to go off somewhere, leaving the three siblings all alone in the cold, empty home. 

"Cass..." Remus' soft voice travelled into her ears but she didn't fully register him until he placed his hand on top of her shoulder. Looking up, the sandy-brown haired boy was quick to notice the her pale complexion, "What's wrong, love?"

Cassiopeia's heart would've melted at the cute nickname from him, but the image of her parents standing side by side looking bored out of their minds as they awaited for Regulus to join them seemed to be imprinted in her mind, "They're here," She breathed out, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Who? Who's here?" Remus inquired, kneeling down to be eye level with the Slytherin as she stayed glued to her seat.

Even James, Sirius and Peter noticed the look on her face and stopped at the door of the compartment. Sirius took a small step forward, just in case, as he watched Remus softly pressing his scarred palm against Cassiopeia's cold cheek. She closed her eyes briefly, nudging her face softly into his palm. It took several seconds before she tore her bright eyes from the werewolf and looked over at her brother, "Our parents."

Sirius' expression suddenly hardened. He dropped his suitcase and rushed over to his sister's side, nudging Remus to move slightly. As the sandy-brown haired boy stepped away, Sirius took his previous place, placing both of his hands onto Cassiopeia's cheeks, "They're not going to hurt you, okay? They're not. I won't let them."

"I know," The black haired girl muttered, her eyes darting around Sirius' grey eyes, "But what about Reggie? I-I won't be there to protect him," Her heart broke for her younger brother, "What if they--What if they hurt him?"

Sirius sighed sadly, "They won't."

"Yeah, how do you know that?" Cass scoffed.

"Because if he really has...you know...the thing...It means they're going to do everything they can to keep him with them," Sirius explained, keeping his voice quiet in case any students that walked past the compartment wanted to be too curious.

"He'll be okay, Cass," Remus spoke up causing the Slytherin girl to glance back up at her boyfriend. 

Begrudgingly, she nodded whilst letting out a sigh. There was nothing she could do anymore. She was disowned so even if she wanted to be there by Regulus' side she knew that there was no way of her getting back into that house. Part of her wondered whether this is what Sirius felt when he started living with the Potters. Whether he wanted to go back to save his siblings but had no other choice. 

Suddenly, Cassiopeia threw her arms around Sirius' neck, bringing her brother closer to her as she breathed in his scent, automatically feeling comforted, "I love you," She told him, keeping her arms tightly around him; almost as if she was scared that he would disappear if she let go.

To say that Sirius was surprised would've been an understatement. Sure, the siblings had a great relationship with one another, but that was before he got disowned. So hearing his sister utter those words to him brought the widest grin onto his face as his arms wrapped around her small body, he pressed a kiss onto her dark locks, "I love you too, Cass."

AN- I realised that there's not enough Theseus Scamander stories on here, what's up with that?!