87. THE CAVE

| CHAPTER EIGHTY-SEVEN |

THE CAVE.

CASSIOPEIA HELD HAZEL EXTRA TIGHT that morning. She didn't know why - maybe it was due to her motherly instincts, or maybe because there was a nagging feeling in the back of her mind that told her that they shouldn't go to the cave - but she didn't want to let go. Hazel didn't mind, she adored cuddles from both parents, so with Cassiopeia holding her extra tight, it was like Christmas morning for the infant. 

"I love you," Cass told her for the hundredth time that morning, a smile took over her face as she watched Hazel playing with the necklace around Cass' neck, giggling when she heard her mum's words, "Mummy loves you, you know that right?"

Hazel giggled and clapped. Cassiopeia felt her heart melting. No mater how many times she saw the smile on her baby girl's face or heard her gigging it still seemed to bring tears to her eyes. Being a mother was something Cassiopeia never really dreamed of, but it was definitely the best thing that had ever happened to her. It felt like her true calling. 

"There are my two favourite girls."

Cass turned around, grinning even wider as she watched Remus entering Hazel's bedroom. He was smiling at her but she could notice a look of worry deep in his dark eyes. Eyes that looked exactly like Hazel's. 

"There's our favourite boy," Cassiopeia grinned, sending him a discreet wink, "So...I've been thinking."

Remus quirked an eyebrow, "About?" He asked, placing one hand on the back of his fiancé's back and the other on Hazel's back, smiling when the little girl clapped at him.

"About us," The black haired woman breathed out, her eyes twinkling with life as she looked up at the much taller man, "Maybe once this is all over, we can finally have that wedding we're due."

"That sounds perfect," Remus grinned, dipping his head down to press a kiss on her lips, "I love you."

"I love you more."

-

"YOU NERVOUS?" REGULUS ASKED, GLANCING over at his sister. He certainly felt nervous now as they stood on the outskirts of the cave, hearing the waves lapping around it violently as the night sky settled in. Kreacher stood just behind them (Regulus had insisted on brining the house elf, ordering him to destroy the Horcrux since the dark magic didn't affect creatures as much as it affected wizards and witches).