30. I DON'T THINK MY BOYFRIEND WOULD LIKE THAT

| CHAPTER THIRTY |

I DON'T THINK MY BOYFRIEND WOULD LIKE THAT.

CASSIOPEIA BLACK HATED VALENTINE'S day. The real holiday was the day after, Olivia's mum would sent them owls full of parcels with different chocolates that were on sale in Muggle shops and the girls would have an absolute blast stuffing their face up in the Astronomy Tower.

With the 'love day' coming up, students around Hogwarts were even more cringey than before, most girls dressed in something red and the decoration was just love hearts and cupids everywhere, it looked like the unicorn of love threw up all over the place.

"So, you think Remus is gonna ask you?" Olivia teased. The two best friends were sat in their usual spot at the Hufflepuff table.

"Why would he?" Cassiopeia asked as she scanned the Daily Prophet.

The blonde groaned, "Don't do this again, Cass. Please, I'm getting sick of constantly telling you that he bloody likes you."

Cass let her eyes fall onto her best friend over the top of the wizarding newspaper, "Well, if he were to then I'd probably--"

"Hello, ladies."

Cassiopeia rolled her eyes whilst Liv glanced at the newcomer with a puzzled expression. From the accent, the Slytherin instantly knew it was Hugo coming to try and talk to her, yet again. It just seemed that the boy didn't get the message that she wasn't interested in him one bit. 

"It's Cass, right?" The blonde boy took the seat right next to the black haired girl, clearly not noticing the annoyed looks the two best friends shared.

"Cassiopeia, actually," She said in a bored tone of voice.

"Well, Cassiopeia, what do you say you let me take you out to that Hogsmeade village I hear everyone talking about?"

Piercing blue eyes quickly scanned the Great Hall, trying to find some sort of escape. Suddenly, her eyes widened when she noticed James Potter entering. Placing her newspaper down, Cass took a quick glance at the blonde boy besides her, "Sorry, I don't think my boyfriend would like that," She said with a smirk, "Oh, look, there he is now. Bye."

Liv looked confused whilst Hugo suddenly frowned as they watched Cassiopeia jump off the bench. She took a quick glance over her shoulder and when she saw Hugo's dark eyes were still on her, she quickly sped up.

The rest of the Marauders suddenly entered when James finally spotted the girl walking straight towards him, "Cassie--"

James couldn't finish his sentence when Cass suddenly smashed her lips against his. She couldn't help but grimace at the feeling of their lips pressing together; it certainly wasn't a leg raising kiss. James stood there like a deer in headlights. His hazel eyes were wide and his arms slightly raised in the air.

Behind him, however, was the real view. Each of the Marauders had their jaws dropped to the ground, their eyes wider than saucers. Remus shared a confused look with Sirius and the black haired boy instantly spotted the look of hurt clearly present in the werewolf's eyes. 

Cassiopeia finally pulled away, she didn't say a word as she turned around to look back at the Hufflepuff table. Liv's mouth was agape as she watched the scene unfold whilst Hugo looked angry. Suddenly, the blonde Slytherin shot out of his seat and stormed off in the opposite direction.

With a sigh of relief, Cass turned back to James, his eyes still wide, "Thanks for that, Jamesy," The black haired girl muttered, patting the spectacled boy on the cheek. She walked around him, suddenly stopping when she came face to face with three shocked Gryffindor boys, all of them stuck in their spots.

"It's not what it looks like, I promise," The Slytherin stated, suddenly feeling guilty when she spotted the look on Remus' face. She wasn't expecting the boys to be so close behind and really didn't think the plan through at all, all she knew was that she wanted that creepy sixth year to stop following her around, "I'll see you guys later, yeah?"