Chapter Six

A/N: So I haven't written anything intimate because I've been mulling over the idea of whether to do a futa fanfic or not. I know some people aren't into that, and that's cool. So I wanted to ask the people reading this to comment and tell me what they'd like to have in the story. Thanks for actually reading my terrible stuff haha
---------------------------------------------
As the two arrived back in the heart of Republic City, Korra had been anxious to hurry and pack for the next trip on their vacation. Asami was still in her arms when they came back. Almost instantly, a small red creature chirped and scurried up the avatar's leg onto her shoulder.

Korra laughed when it licked her cheek. "You're back! We missed you so much," A stocky man running goofily toward them was panting between words when he finally arrived. It was Bolin and Pabu, coming to greet them.

The fire ferret crawled over to Asami still lifted off of the ground, then ran back to his rightful owner. The smiling earth bender then looked at Asami and walked over to inspect her. "So, did you get hurt or something? We can go to a doctor if you have some sort of injury. Don't want anyone feeling down and out on my watch," he said, trailing off into a banter.

"She's fine, I just forgot to put her down," Korra said, gently placing her friend's feet onto the ground. Asami's knees gave out a little, but held onto Korra's shoulders until circulation was back in her legs. Korra and Bolin held onto her to make sure she wouldn't fall.

"I'm fine. I can stand on my own," she said while stabilizing her stance. "Alright, suit yourself. No need for hostility," The lavabender said, putting his hands up. Korra looked at her, feeling concerned. She leant in to whisper in Asami's ear.

"You know, we can stay here for a while until you're done mourning. I'm here for you." Bolin saw the way Korra stared at Asami, and tilted his head quizzically while they shared a private moment. Asami clenched her eyes shut and pushed the avatar away. "I said I'll be fine," she snapped.

The sudden flash of anger made Bolin flinch and Korra back up in surprise. She was about to make a bitter response, but remembered the tragedy her friend faced. She restrained her irritation and sighed, taking Asami's hands into her own.

"Listen, I know how you feel right now. All of these emotions you're going through, all the thoughts in your head. I know you will be able to get through this. And we will be here for you. I can guarantee that I'll do what ever I can to make sure you never feel alone. We love you Asami," the avatar said the last sentence with a slight crack in her voice.

Asami looked up in surprise to hear the water tribe girl speak that way. She had only heard her speak that way recently in the spirit world. She still wasn't used to seeing Korra open herself up around other people.

"I love you too..." Asami said, staring at her friend with an unreadable expression. The two stared at eachother and smiled shyly until Bolin came over to put his arms around the two. "We will always love you Asami, we are your family too ya know." Both girls looked at him and smiled then hugged him back. "I really appreciate that, you guys. I am so happy to have you to stay with me and show that you care," Asami was staring directly at Korra, making the bender smile sheepishly.

"Man I wish Mako was here for this touching reunion," Bolin said with an exaggerated sniffle. Korra looked at him and chuckled. "We've only been gone for a couple of days." Asami smiled at the sentiment and watched as Pabu licked his face to try and comfort the emotional mover star.

"Speaking of which, where is Mako?" Asami asked. Bolin released them and snapped out of his sorrow in an instant. "Oh he's been apprehending criminals and working late at the police station, being a brooding cop with a good heart and a heart breaking backstory," Bolin stated with barely any interest.

"So, basically turning into Lin jr." Korra said in a matter-of-fact tone. Bolin laughed, "whoa-ho, good one!" He wiped a stray tear from his face and held his stomach to show his amusement. Asami covered her mouth and let out a giggle, making Korra smile crookedly and scratch the back of her head nervously.

"By the way," the avatar said, "how did you know we were coming back now?" Bolin shrugged and shifted his stance. "I came back every day to check if you were coming back or not. I can't help it, I missed you guys."

Asami and Korra looked at him and smiled. "Now then, lets head back to the Sato estate shall we?" Bolin said and walked with them away from the spirit portal. The avatar strayed behind and stared at Asami. She felt a lump form in the back of her throat.

Remembering all of the affection she received from Asami made her chest start to feel overwhelmingly heated, her brain confused by the sudden bodily responses she had when looking at her best friend that she's known for years. The nonbender wasn't any different from when they were together before, yet Korra seemed to have a sense that she was seeing her for the first time.

Asami turned around to see what her friend was up to. Korra felt her face heat up and she placed her hands behind her head while she walked, looking at an upward angle to play off the fact she was blatantly staring. Asami giggled and turned her head back around, a red cheeked smile plastered on her face when she felt the avatar's eyes fall back onto her.

She started to subtly sway her hips as she walked, wondering what the reaction would be from the girl behind her. Korra watched as the woman in front of her did this deliberately and started to feel panicked. She didn't know how to feel and it left her flustered.

Korra looked down at her feet with an irritated expression and crossed her arms, her face becoming a slight pink.

What in the world is going on with me...