Chapter Fifteen

When the two girls arrived to the borderlands of the temple, There were a plethora of large sky bison on the temple grounds. There they noticed one of them flying to them and it licked Korra's face. "Oogie!" Korra said with an enthusiastic smile.

The bison grunted happily when the avatar pet it. "It's good to see you too, buddy." Korra hugged the large creature and Asami reached out to pet the top of its head gently, only to receive a wet sloppy kiss from it.

"Ugh..." Asami grumbled when her makeup was smeared and the slobber stained her dress. Korra laughed and smiled at Asami, only to wretch when her girlfriend wiped off the drool and flicked the slime into her face.

"Agh!" Korra shook her head, wiping her face along the pale woman's back, making her cringe and turn to punch Korra in her arm. The avatar laughed and climbed onto Oogie's saddle, pulling Asami up to gently place her on it, then slid down to the bison's head and grabbed the reins. "Come on Oogie, yip yip."

And with that, they were off. The two of them smiled and stared at the sky, watching the temple grow larger in the horizon. When they were close enough, they saw little excited arms waving upwards. Korra controlled the bison and made it fly to the surface of the temple, gently landing them on the ground.

"Korra!" Three airbending children propelled themselves into the air and onto the bison to greet the avatar. She laughed and smiled, hugging them all and picking up the two younger children with one arm.

"You guys keep getting bigger and bigger," Korra said. The oldest girl smiled and went over to hug Asami. "We missed you two so much," she said.

"Sorry we didn't get come sooner Jinora, Korra and I went on vacation alone for a little while," Asami said. Jinora nodded, understanding what she meant. She leaned over to whisper in Asami's ear, "I saw you two in the spirit world. You deserve some time alone with her."

Asami blushed and hid her face. She forgot that Jinora was connected to the spirits. Meanwhile, the next to youngest boy flexed and showed himself off to Asami. "Hey sweet cheeks, I've been working out. You can touch my bicep if you want to. Don't worry, these pythons won't bite," he said with another flexing motion.

Asami giggled and looked over at Korra, who was mimicking his flexing motions behind him. "As if Asami would want to touch you, you still suck your thumb when you go to sleep," said the mid-oldest child.

Meelo crossed his arms and scowled at his sister. "At least I'm not a chatterbox that doesn't know when to shut my trap!" He said. Ikki crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out at her younger brother, causing Jinora to glare at them in an annoyed manner.

They all got off of the Bison and Korra saw her mentor approach, running to hug him. "Tenzin!" She exclaimed, lifting him off of the ground and swinging him around. He let out a small grunt, feeling the air being knocked out of him by the strong woman's hug.

"I was worried about you Korra, where have you been? Visiting the southern water tribe I presume?" He asked. "Well not yet, but that's next. I actually took Asami with me to the spirit world," she said.

He tilted his head and furrowed his eyebrows. "Hm, I had no clue. I thought Jinora would let me know if she saw you since she ventures in there all the time." Korra's eyes widened and she cleared her throat when Tenzin mentioned Jinora. She didn't think they would be seen since they stayed in the spirit wilds.

Right before he was about to ask what she was doing in the spirit world, his wife arrived with a small walking toddler holding onto her hand. Korra knelt down to look at him, smiling at the child. "And who's this big strong guy? Don't tell me that's Rohan," she said and chuckled when he hid behind Pema's leg shyly.