Chapter Seven

"Welcome home Ms. Sato." A heavyset butler bowed to the three friends arriving to the mansion. "Thank you," the heiress responded with a small nod. Bolin scooted passed her to find the bathroom, waddling in a panic.

Korra walked into the kitchen and looked around, scavenging for food. "You know you could just ask Weng to make you something," said Asami. The avatar looked over at her and then turned to the butler. "Could you make some steamed Artic lobstercrab with seaprune sauce?" She asked.

"Of course, Avatar Korra." he said. She licked her lips and looked back over at Asami. "What did you want to eat?" Asami put her hand up and shook her head. "Nothing for me," she answered. The butler nodded and bowed then left to gather the ingredients to make the request.

"Come on, lets go to my room. You can spend the night here if you'd like. I managed to buy a house for Bolin and Mako's family in Zaofu so now we have alot of guest rooms open," Asami said and started to walk in the direction of her bedroom.

Korra walked next to her instead of behind her since there was more than enough room to stay side by side. The bender did stay unconsciously close to the engineer though, occasionally brushing shoulders. When they made it into the room, Asami took off her jacket and set it on her coat rack.

Korra looked around the room and whistled lowly. "This place is huge, can't believe I've never seen your room until now." Asami smiled and sat down on a chair near her desk. "No one has, actually. Just me."

Korra looked over at her. "Not even Mako has been in here?" She asked. The black haired girl smiled, "Nope. You're the first of my friends to see it." The avatar smiled, "I feel honoured to be in here now."

She walked over to the bed and flopped onto it, her face mashing into the soft cushiony material. When she inhaled, there was a subtle sweet scent that she realized was Asami's perfume. The smell made Korra sigh at the thought of the taller woman hugging her, enveloping her in the sweet intoxicating smell.

Korra soon wrapped herself in the covers and rolled off of the bed accidentally, causing the green eyed beauty to laugh. The water tribe girl lifted the covers from over her head and laughed as well, then got up to put the blanket back onto the bed.

"I think I'm about to start throwing up. I can feel my stomach starting to act up." Asami said in a sick tone, holding her abdomen. Korra looked over with a caring expression. "I can heal you. It's the least I can do for you letting me stay." Asami waved her hand and smiled. "No, no it's alright. I'm just feeling kind of bloated. I think it's from my menstrual cycle."

Korra stared at her in confusion. She figured it was a new type of motorcycle that Asami's company had made and that she got sick from doing a test run, yet she didn't recall seeing her ride any cycles the whole time they were at the estate. "Maybe you should lay off riding it until the stomach ache subsides."

Asami looked at her in confusion. "Riding what?" She asked. "You know, that Menstrual cycle you're talking about. If it makes you feel bad then you should try giving it more test runs," Korra said with a shrug as she sat up in Asami's bed. The nonbender looked over at Korra and laughed, taking the confusing request as a joke and playing along.

"Okay Korra, I'll give it a test run beforehand so I won't get sick," she said with a smile. "Good," the avatar responded in an oblivious manner. Bolin came to the door and did a rap on the center then slowly opened it.

"Knock knock, hope I'm not interrupting any girl talk." He said with a cautious look. "You're fine, I was just about to go take a shower," said Asami, getting up from her chair. Korra stayed on the bed and called out to her. "Hopefully you'll feel a little better after you're done."

"I'm sure I will," said the engineer, grabbing her silk robe and walking past Bolin to enter the hallway. The earth bender slipped into the room and sat across from Korra in the chair Asami was previously in. "Korra, my dear friend who I value and cherish and can tell anything to and expect to keep a secret," Bolin started.

"Where are you going with this, Bolin," the avatar crossed her arms and leant forward in curiosity. The impish expression on his face turned to a shifty eyed secretive expression. "Well, you know how I said Mako was at the Police station? I wasn't exactly, uh, truthful about that information."

Korra sat up straight and raised her eyebrows to show intrigue. "Oh?" Bolin leant in to whisper into Korra's ear with a hand blocking the other side of his mouth. "I didn't want Asami to hear the news and get upset or jealous...but Mako is seeing a new dame," he said then smiled at his friend.

Korra scoffed and looked at the earth bender with a skeptical expression. "I doubt she would be jealous of that. If anything she would probably feel better knowing that he started dating again," she said with a smile. Bolin nodded and looked upward, stroking his chin. "This is plausible, but just in case, I want you to promise not to tell her." He said like his life depended on it.

"Fine I promise not to." Korra said with a small chuckle. The earth bender spat in his hand then held it out. "Shake on it?" He said with his eyebrows raised. Korra shuddered at the mucus and saliva dripping off of his palm and recoiled slightly. "Uh, you can take my word for it. Avatar's oath."

Bolin smiled and wiped his hand off on his pants. "Avatar's oath. I like that. Well It's time for me to be hitting the old dusty trail, I'm off to spend time with the family," he smiled and walked out of the room, giving one last goodbye hug before calling Pabu and heading out the door.

She looked at the door shut and thought about why Bolin would think Asami would still want to be with Mako. Asami and Mako. The thought left a bitter taste in her mouth and she felt her fists start to clench. Why was she so irritated at the thought? It was none of her concern if her friends got together again. Yet that burning feeling in her chest came back again after imagining Asami a few moments ago.

"I love you too." Korra kept repeating the words in her head over and over again. It made her happy to see Asami smiling, but the idea of Mako being the cause of it made her lurch. She thought hard about it and still couldn't place her finger on it. She was so frustrated and confused.

Before she had time to act on her rage, she saw Asami open the door to the room. She was in her dark red silk robe and her hair done up in a messy bun. Korra stared as Asami walked in to find some sleepwear. She didn't want to be rude, but something was compelling her to stare at the woman in front of her.

"Something the matter Korra?" Her friend asked, making her sit up straight and look up nervously. "Nope, of course not," she answered with a smile. Asami shrugged and went to her drawer to find some pajamas to wear. The avatar's eyes followed her every movement until she knelt down to the bottom drawer to get something.

Korra's face reddened vibrantly and she let out a small gasp when she felt a sudden unknown twitch. Asami got up to put her sleepwear on, taking off her robe to reveal a small nightgown. Korra carefully got up and headed for the door. "I have to get ready for bed," she said hastily. "Oh, okay...?" The barely dressed woman replied, not comprehending the sudden rush.

She then realized that Korra was acting out of becoming uncomfortable. Asami covered herself and sat on her bed, feeling embarrassed. She was so used to being alone in her room that she wasn't fazed by the fact that the avatar was in her presence, probably feeling disgusted. What have I done...?