Chapter Twenty one

The butler walked out from the corner after Korra and Kuvira sat on the bench to take a break from sparring, pretending as if he had just walked in. "I am going to run errands today. Before I depart, do you have anything you need me to fetch for you?" He asked. "We're okay Weng. I think we can handle getting what we need."

Korra looked over at him then over to Kuvira, seeing her eyes avoid his blank stare. She didn't think anything of it, so she smiled at them both and stood to walk out of the training room. "As you wish, avatar..." He said, sounding slightly disgusted. when saying the word. Kuvira quickly followed behind and avoided eye contact with Weng.

The two of them were greeted by one of the maids in the kitchen, looking down at the meal already prepared for them. Kuvira smiled and sat down at the table, waiting for Korra to sit next to her. "I'm alright, you go ahead and eat. I'm going out for a walk."

Kuvira looked somewhat disheartened, but she nodded and started to eat as she watched the avatar leave. Korra stepped out of the mansion and remembered that Asami promised her that they would go to the Southern water tribe one day.

She smiled at the thought of seeing Naga and her parents again. Suddenly, she saw a small figure running towards her. It was Bolin, he had ran out of breath once he reached Korra and panted. "Why weren't you...hold on, give me a second." Bolin panted a little more and then took a deep breath.

"Why weren't you at the party?! I took Wu and Mako on tour with me and everything! You and Asami didn't want to go? I can understand if you didn't. It got cah-razy, let me tell you. You would not believe the stuff I did while I was over at the Xion-Lao inn."

Korra chuckled as she watched him describe his adventures. "I'm sure after all of that 'cah-razy' stuff happened to you, you'll still be shocked to know what me and Asami did." Bolin's eyebrows wiggled and he put an arm around Korra again. "Tell me all about it!"

"It's better if I just show you," said Korra, walking with him back to the mansion. Bolin made an awkward smile and stood in place. "I'd rather not see my two good friends do anything of that sort."

Korra laughed and took his hand. "No, it's nothing like that." Bolin exhaled in relief and walked into the mansion when he saw Kuvira. She gave a small smile and he stared at her in silence with wide eyes then hid behind Korra. "Korra, are you aware that a criminal is in your house?"

Kuvira stood up and walked towards the two of them and Bolin let out a small squeak, hiding under the table in the main room. "It's alright, Bolin. Calm down," said Kuvira, going to his hiding spot and lifting the table and reaching out her hand to help him up.

He looked at her hand and reluctantly took it, feeling how weak her grip was when she pulled him up. Korra looked over to see that Bolin was still shaken by the sight of the former dictator. She walked over to the two and put her arm around Bolin's shoulder then putting her other arm out, pointing to Kuvira.

"This is the new Kuvira. We busted her out of prison and now she's better than ever," said Korra. She smiled at Bolin and he still seemed to be a bit shaken up. Korra then walked over to the metal bender and placed a hand over her shoulder "look, she isn't trying to kill me." Bolin watched as Korra started to poke Kuvira's nose.

"Enough." The irritated woman swatted away the avatar's hand, making Bolin shriek. "She hit you, she's still dangerous!" Korra sighed and Kuvira rolled her eyes. They both explained in full detail what happened and Bolin started to tear up.

"Oh you poor thing...come here, bring it in." He walked over to Kuvira and gave her a tight hug, getting tears and snot on her shoulder. She cringed but patted his back lightly and looked at Korra as if asking for help. Korra smiled when she saw the annoyed woman trying to tolerate Bolin's antics.

"I'm going to go visit Asami while she's at work. I can bet she's on one of those docks that have the Future Industries cargo ships." Korra said with a love stricken smile on her face. Bolin wiped the tears and snot from his face and waved his hand to her. "I should be heading out too. I just had a brilliant idea."

Korra and Bolin headed out of the door, both making their way to a local flower shop. Korra picked roses and Bolin took a huge bouquet, almost the whole stock in the shop and threw a large bag of gold coins. "Where are you heading with all those flowers?" Korra asked. "Zaofu! It's a surprise for Kuvira."

Korra decided not to ask anymore questions, she knew Bolin's mannerisms were slightly eccentric. She took her roses and walked out of the store, grabbing her glider and propelling herself into the sky with a gust of air.

When she saw the docks at the edge of Republic City, Korra squinted her eyes to find Asami. She saw a couple of women with long black hair, but she got closer to the ground and finally spotted Asami in a dark red business suit, clipboard in hand. She noticed that her hair was in a neat bun, a long strand of hair in the front of her face.

She crept up behind her and put her arms around the woman's waist. Before she knew it, Asami quickly took her hands and flipped her over. She landed on her back with a hard thud. "Korra!" Asami gasped and knelt down to tend to the avatar. "Are you alright?" She asked.

Korra gave a dazed look and held up the now crushed roses. "I missed you," Korra said with a grunt when she sat up. "You're so sweet," Asami kissed her on the cheek then helped her up.

Korra handed her the roses and Asami looked down at them and held them close to her. "You came all this way just to see me and bring me a gift?" Asami asked with a smile. "Of course. We never really see eachother so I figured I could surprise you."

Asami threw the flowers and kissed Korra all over her face. The avatar started to smile goofily, her face covered in lipstick. "You are the sweetest. I'm coming back home in two days after putting the finishing touches on the new design. It'll hold more inside so we make more of a profit."

Korra nodded blankly. "That's good," she said. "So, what's been going on since I was out?" Asami asked. "Well Kuvira likes to dance now, she's been training with me, and now Bolin sees that she's changed and wants to do something special for her." Korra said.

Asami raised an eyebrow and gave a smirk. "I hope she won't be too overwhelmed by his...hospitality." Korra chuckled and shrugged. "With him, you never know what he'll do next."

Asami and Korra talked for a while and when she had to work again, Korra decided to stay and follow her around until it was time to go to her office and take notes on the improvements of the ships. The whole time she was there, Asami couldn't help but smile even when she was stressed about her deadline.