Chapter Seventeen

Korra arrived back at the island and ran inside of Tenzin's home to see him and the others worried and fear stricken. Asami looked over and stood instantly, running over to Korra and hugging her tight. "Korra! I was so worried about you! Please don't leave me like that again...I don't know what I would do if you were gone any longer."

Korra hugged her back kissed her lovingly, not caring who saw anymore. Tenzin did not respond, but Ikki stared in surprise while Meelo and Jinora ran over to Korra to ask if she was okay. Tenzin walked over to the two of them and looked down at Korra sadly. "What impulse did you have to suddenly leave the temple? We were all deeply concerned of where you could have gone! I almost called Lin to send out a search party for you."

Korra looked down and sighed. "I don't know, I was just afraid of what you would say if Ikki told you about what happened between me and Asami," Korra said. Tenzin shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Korra, the love you express for Asami does not determine how I will treat you as a pupil. It is better to see you happy with someone I know will be right for you than to be alone and never find true peace or love."

Korra's eyes widened at Tenzin's words and he gave a small smile. "We're here for you Korra, no matter what," said Jinora. Meelo, Ikki and Pema smiled at her and all enveloped her and Asami in a group hug to show their support.

"Thank you all so much...and Asami?" Korra looked over at the woman with a pained expression. "I am so sorry for leaving. I had to go calm down, I didn't want to go back to being that hot headed childish person I used to be. Please forgive me."

Asami didn't say anything, but she started to cry and hug Korra tighter. "I forgive you." Korra sighed happily and gripped the nonbender's waist tight when she heard her response, but she became serious and pulled away from the group.

"You all know that I fight for a good cause, and I would never try to steer you the wrong way, right?" Korra said and looked over at her friends with hope in her eyes. "Of course, but what are you asking us to do that would cause us to change our thoughts on your morality?" Tenzin asked with his arms crossed.

Korra stayed quiet for a minute fearing the response, but she took a deep breath and clenched her fists. "I'm asking you to help me save Kuvira." Everyone stared at her in shock, looking at her as if she were crazy.

"I don't know what is going on with your head right now, but we are not helping Kuvira out of prison." Tenzin said in a matter of fact tone.

Asami stared at Korra and gave her a slightly hostile glare. "Why would you want to break a war criminal out of prison...? What has she said to you to make you one of her brainwashed followers?"

"Listen to me; I haven't been brainwashed by her, she is getting hurt by corrupt, bloodthirsty guards. I can't just stand around knowing that she is in there being traumatized and brutally taken advantage of!" Korra shouted, causing Asami to look down and avoid her stare.

"Tenzin, she really has changed. I need your help..." Korra's eyes watered and the airbending master uncrossed his arms, showing concern. "Korra, as much as I hear you saying she's changed, I just c-"

"I'm gonna help! It's been a while since I've had some action!" Meelo jumped onto Korra's shoulder and put his fist in the air. "Lets go break the bad lady out of jail!" Korra smiled and looked up when Jinora and Ikki joined in. "We want to help too." Said Ikki, walking up to stand with her. Tenzin looked utterly shocked, but sighed in defeat.

"I do not support your decision, but I will come with you and assist you if you manage to get into trouble." Korra looked over at Asami, her eyes softening their gaze. "Asami, Kuvira wanted me to tell you that she is sorry. She begged in tears for your forgiveness."