Chapter Eleven

As the group walked out of the theatre, Mako turned to the avatar and asked, "We're heading with Bolin to the restaurant for a celebration dinner, you coming?" "Thanks, but I'm heading with Asami somewhere else. Something she wanted to talk to me about," Korra said. Mako shrugged, "Alright, but you don't know what you're missing."

Korra smiled and pointed to her outfit. "I don't think it would be a good idea to come into a fancy restaurant half dressed anyway." The two exchanged laughs and she went over to walk Asami to her car. "Ready to go?" Asami asked. Korra hopped into the Satomobile on the passenger seat and smiled. "As ready as I'll ever be."

Soon they drove back to the estate and the heiress parked her car inside the lot. The two girls made their way to the front door and Asami looked over at Korra. "Before we talk, I just want to say if what I say makes you uncomfortable...I'm sorry."

Korra smiled and patted her friend on the back. "I already promised not to hold it against you, what are you worried about?" The avatar chuckled and opened the door for the nervous woman, following behind her.

The two of them walked past some of the mansion staff that greeted them and continued their daily chores. As they made it to Asami's room, Korra flopped onto the bed and sat at the edge of it. Asami sat at her desk and nervously tapped on the arm rest on her chair.

"So," Korra looked around and down at her boots, "What were you going to talk to me about?" Asami looked over to her with a nervous glance. "I wanted to ask you, what you remember about last night." Korra shrugged. "Well, you and I were in your room and talked, then you went to take a shower," the avatar started.

"What else...?" Asami asked and leant closer, anticipating what her friend would say next. Korra looked down awkwardly, "well...Bolin walked in and told me about Mako's new girlfriend that you saw at the theatre. Then he and I left after you came in to go to sleep."

"Oh," Asami sighed and relaxed in her seat and Korra tilted her head. "You don't remember?" She asked. Asami shook her head and took a deep breath. "No, I do...that's not all though."

Korra sat up straight and put her hands in her lap. "What did you want to tell me then?" Asami felt her heart beat faster and she breathed slower to try and relax. "Well," she started, her eyes closing as if to anticipate a hit. "I had a dream...about you."

She opened her eyes to see Korra looking at her blankly. "Well that's not bad. People dream about things that happen with their friends all the time. At least I do," she said and smiled. Asami shook her head slowly looking away from her friend. "This one was a different dream."

Korra's eyebrows furrowed, showing her puzzlement and she leaned closer, putting her elbows on her thighs. "Tell me about it," the water tribe girl said curiously.

Asami nervously told her about the fantasy she had and Korra stared at the woman in front of her with raised eyebrows. "And then we fell asleep together..." Asami said with a deep sigh at the end. Korra's mouth was agape and she blinked a couple times to snap out of her shock.

"Wow," the avatar said with a nervous chuckle. Asami's heart pounded nervously and she looked up at the avatar with fear and dread in her eyes. "I guess you don't want to be my friend anymore, I understand if you don't." Korra smiled and got off of the bed to envelope her friend in a tight hug.

Asami's eyes widened when she felt the water tribe girl hug her. Korra released her and gave the heiress a warm smile. "I'm here for you no matter what. You should know that," said Korra. Asami started to tear up and her lip quivered. "Shhh, it's okay," the avatar's blue eyes looking down at her friend with compassion.

Asami pulled away and stared at Korra. "Well, if you don't mind me asking...do you have..." Korra blushed and shrugged. "Yeah, but how would you know that..?" The avatar looked at her with a frown.

"I-I didn't." Asami looked at her in a panic. Korra's eyes widened and she shuffled in place. "I think I had the same dream too, actually." Asami stared at her friend in shock. "Are you serious?"

Korra nodded and told her version of the dream, making the nonbender look at her in surprise at how accurate her version was and all of the same details. Asami never mentioned everything, but the fact her friend said everything that was in her mind showed that she wasn't lying.

"I don't remember telling you about my father teaching me about myself though. No person talked to me about it because I never asked them. But all of them knew," Korra said. "you mean nobody has talked to you about it?" Asami asked. The bender shook her head and looked down. "Oh, Korra...that must have been so confusing for you." Asami placed her hand on the avatar's shoulder.

"It was," Korra looked back up and smiled with sad eyes. "But, is what you said...in the dream, was it true?" She asked Asami. "What?" Asami asked. "About...loving me." Korra said shyly. Asami blushed and put her head on Korra's shoulder. "Yeah, it was."

Asami removed her head from the avatar's shoulder and sat across from her, taking in all of her features. Korra slowly leant in, closing the distance between them. Asami did the same until they could feel eachother's breath. Their lips almost touched when they heard a knock on the door.

Korra jumped and Asami looked irritated when opening the door. She took a deep breath when she realized it was her butler with a phone in hand. "My apologies lady Sato, but a gentleman on the phone would like to speak to you from cabbage corp. He says he would like to negotiate a partnership with future industries."

Asami sighed and turned to a nervous Korra. "I'll be back, I have to take this call. You can stay the night," she said and walked off to her office.

"Sure," the avatar said and laid back in her friend's bed, letting out a deep sigh. The butler saw her Nuktuk attire and shook his head in dismay, then walked off mumbling, "what a strange woman."