Chapter Thirteen

The sunlight shone inside of the dark room into Korra's eyes, making her squeeze them shut tighter. She blinked her eyes open to see a beautiful sleeping woman in front of her.

She watched her friend's resting form, putting her hand out to move the long black hair behind the woman's ear. A quiet groan came from the still sleeping woman until the avatar leant over to kiss her cheek, making a sleepy smile creep across her face.

"Morning Asami," Korra smiled and scooted back, staring at the pale woman as her green eyes started to open, looking up at her. "Good morning," she mumbled. The avatar sighed and sat up, not bothering to cover her exposed body.

"Korra, you're not wearing any clothes," said Asami. Korra looked down and shrugged. "So?" Asami looked around and whispered, "What if someone sees us? I don't think I can handle another walk in."

Korra smirked and cracked her neck and shoulders. "You're their boss. Just kick them out of the room if they walk in." Asami looked down and stared at her friend, smiling as the water tribe girl looked over and gave a little crooked smile.

Asami giggled and leant on the avatar's shoulder, letting Korra's arm fall onto her small shoulders. She looked down sadly, then back up at her blue eyed companion. "So...what are we?" Asami asked.

"What do you mean?" Asked Korra. The nonbender cuddled closer to the avatar and looked up at her. "I mean, are we...together? Or is this just a one time occurance?" Korra looked down at her friend with a slight blush. "It's whatever you want it to be. I'd like to see what it would be like...to give us a shot," she said with a shy smile.

"So, we're dating now?" Asami asked with a sheepish tone. "Call it a test run," Korra said and looked up to the ceiling, laying back down to rest her arms behind her head. Asami got out of the bed to throw a pair of shorts and a tank top over to her new girlfriend.

"What's this?" The avatar asked. Asami looked over and snorted, "They're clothes. Unless you forgot what they are already." Korra chuckled and sat up, pulling the thin clothing onto her body.

"I'll go and make us some breakfast," Asami kissed Korra's forehead and left the room. The water tribe woman quickly followed behind as if she were afraid to be alone. "Want some help?" She asked. The taller woman smiled, "yeah. I haven't cooked in a while so I need all the help I can get," she said.

Asami went to the kitchen and pulled out a large recipe book, flipping through pages until she found a step by step recipe for roosterpork dumplings. "This looks pretty good," she said with a small flick of her tongue onto her finger, turning the page.

Korra's mouth started to water and she came behind Asami, holding her by the waist. Asami's eyes looked over to see the avatar smiling contently with her eyes closed. She chuckled and wove her fingers between the shorter woman's. Korra sighed and nuzzled closer to Asami.

"Can't we just go back to bed and eat later? I'm so tired," she whined. Asami pressed herself closer to the other woman, making her hump slightly then pulled away. "There, now you're awake."

The bender grumbled and went to sit at the dining table in the front room. She was still tired but didn't want to admit that the intimate gesture excited her. She watched as her girlfriend gathered the ingredients needed and bit her lip slightly whenever she was focused on a specific detail.

Korra found it cute to watch her use her undivided attention on cutting and measuring the amount of flour and spices she needed. Asami looked over to Korra and blushed when she saw the water tribe girl focus on her.

"Stop staring, you're throwing off my flow," Asami said with a joking glare. "How can I?" Korra asked with her little smile, making Asami hide her face and continue cooking. A few hours later, the two of them were enjoying the dumplings and rice Asami had prepared.

"Sorry I didn't help, but these are amazing. I would have probably made a mess and caused the food to be ruined." Korra looked at Asami then happily ate more, drowning it down with cold water. "It's fine, I like doing this for you. It makes me feel important." Asami said with a shrug.

Korra looked back up with a confused expression. "But you've always been important to me." Asami blushed deeply at the avatar's kind words and reached over to kiss her cheek. "You're such a sweetheart." she took her napkin and wiped a corner of the bender's mouth before she sat down.

Asami had to run some errands for the company and Korra happily tagged along, holding her hand every chance she had. Even when they had to go meet potential business partners, Korra always kept them in check by threatening them nonverbally behind Asami. She was able to see their true intentions when most of them ran off, knowing that the avatar was with the CEO.

"I am so glad you came with me to my meetings. I feel safer with you there than I ever did before," Asami felt Korra grab her hand to kiss it lightly. "With the avatar by your side, you have nothing to worry about." Korra posed confidently and it made the pale woman giggle, leaning in to plant a kiss onto the tribal girl's cheek.

She giggled more when Korra blushed in embarrassment. "That'll never get old," Asami said as they held hands to walk back to her car. Korra looked down and frowned, Asami taking notice and placing a hand on her shoulder. "What's the matter Korra?"

"I'm just a little homesick. I miss the southern water tribe...but I also miss Jinora and the other's at air temple island. Could we maybe visit them tomorrow before we head out for the club with Bolin and Mako?" Korra looked over at her girlfriend with a slight sadness in her eyes.

"Of course we can, I'm not holding you hostage. We can always go visit where you want to go." Asami said and watched as Korra smiled sincerely. "Okay good, I think Tenzin deserves to know about what's going on between us."

Asami nodded and they gave eachother a peck on the lips before driving home.