Alt. Chapter Eight

A/N: Alright, so here's the dealio. I did not particularly enjoy the chapter I made before since it wasn't emotional and it didn't go anywhere so I made an alternate one. I'll keep the other one up, just in case people wanted to read that one and whatnot.
---------------------------------------------
Korra managed to step out of the room and take a deep breath to feel less anxious. She didn't think that Asami would be so comfortable around her that she would trust the avatar to see her in such a vulnerable state. Asami covered herself up and opened the door to see her friend.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, Korra. You don't have to stay in my room with me while I change. I realized that's pretty weird." Asami said, looking down embarrassed. "It's okay, I just didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable," Korra said.

"We're both girls so it doesn't bother me. But you can leave whenever you feel uncomfortable. Or you can ask me to change into something less revealing," Asami said with a smile. "I don't want you to have to change what you already do," the avatar stated. "I'm fine with what you already wear. It just surprised me, that's all."

The paler woman nodded and put her thick night coat back in the closet, showing her silk gown once more. Korra stared at her chest, her cheeks a deep red when her eyes fell on the cleavage her friend was sporting. Asami walked back into the room and slipped into the sheets.

"Sorry, I had to get rid of the night coat because I was getting in my bed anyway," she said. Korra smiled nervously, staying at the door but not coming into the room. "It's totally fine. I understand," she said.

Korra nervously stood there looking downward, not moving a muscle until she heard Asami clear her throat. "You're still allowed in here you know. I wouldn't kick my best friend out because of seeing me in my pajamas." Korra looked up hesitantly and slowly walked in and sat in her chair.

"You can sit on the bed with me, I won't bite," she said and smiled, patting her bed. Korra decided to get up and sit next to her on the edge of the bed, her back stiff and rigid.

"Listen," said Asami, "I know this is weird for you but you have never had a real sleep over with a girl your age. I'm just trying to have a normal, good time with you."

"I know. But you can't just expect me not to feel...I don't know, nervous or embarrassed?" The avatar asked. Asami sat up and scooted next to Korra, her feet dangling from the bed.

"Why would you feel that way?" She asked with concern. Korra looked down and sighed. "You're just so...perfect. you can drive cars, invent awesome contraptions, run an entire company on your own," she paused and looked over at her friend's slender legs. "Not to mention you have the figure that every girl wants to have and every guy wants to marry."

Asami looked down and blushed, appreciating the compliment. "I'm not the avatar though. And you keep the world in balance. Plus you should speak for yourself, you have nice qualities that everyone wants to have." She said to reassure her friend.

"Then, why doesn't anyone want me..." Korra looked down and the pain was visible on her face. Asami felt a pang of sadness when she heard the powerful bender break down emotionally. She never pegged Korra as a romantic type. But she soon said, "I'm sure plenty of people want you, maybe...they're just afraid of what you might say." She looked down at the last sentence and rubbed her arms from the cold air in the room.

Korra lifted the blanket and put it around Asami's shoulders while she spoke. "If they wanted to be with me then I wouldn't care what they looked like. As long as they loved me for who I am and not because of my social rank." Asami nuzzled the blankets and grabbed a pillow to put on Korra's lap.

"What are you doing?" The bender asked as she laid on the pillow. "I'm tired but I still want to talk," Asami said and turned her head to the avatar's stomach. Korra felt nervous but she didn't really mind the heiress using her as something to lay on. "I bet you've been on a bunch of dates," Korra said. It wasn't a bitter comment but she could tell that her friend wanted attention like that.

"If you mean business meetings then you're right. I get tired of having to travel to every bar and restaurant to discuss a partnership and my clients or potential partners end up acting like fools and asking me out because I am a woman." Asami cradled herself against Korra unconsciously, making the woman sitting up feel an uncomfortable twitch against the fabric of her pants. "Could you get up real quick? I have to adjust myself." Korra said

Asami got up and furrowed her eyebrows when Korra reached into her pants to push the tip of her member to the brim of her trousers. "Wh-what did you just..." Asami looked up at Korra then back at the bulge. "What? What's wrong?" Korra asked as she put the pillow back onto her lap.

"You don't have to scavenge food and hide it in your pants Korra. We aren't in the wild," Asami said, reaching down to pull out what she thought was fruit. Korra gasped and pushed Asami away, getting up and standing at the edge of the bed.

"What's your problem?!" The avatar raised her voice, too shocked to know what else to say. "Korra....what is that?" Asami asked, sitting up and becoming slightly frightened. "It's none of your business," Korra stammered. The nonbender then got up and talked calmly to her. "Korra, are you a man?" Asami asked with sincere puzzlement.

"Of course not! What are you trying to say? I'm just as much of a girl as any other. Why would you ask me that?" Korra looked earnestly hurt by Asami's question and the pale woman widened her eyes, regretting the question even if it was valid.

"No, no! I didn't mean it like that. It's just that I assumed you were because you have a..." Asami didn't say, but Korra knew what she meant. "So what? Everyone has one." Korra said as if it were a fact. "No Korra, everyone doesn't have one." Asami said, her hand reluctantly placed on Korra's shoulder.

"Wh...what are you trying to say?" The avatar asked in utter shock and horror. "Only men are born with that. Women have different parts." Asami explained in a careful manner, trying not to upset the avatar.

"So you're telling me my father is a liar and that I am not a real female?" Korra asked angrily, clenching her fists. Asami winced at the sudden anger and backed away from her. "I'm not saying that at all Korra, just calm down. I know you're a real girl," Asami said in a calm voice with an underlying fear.

Korra stood in place blankly and tears started to fall. She knelt onto the floor, breaking down into tears. "I knew I wasn't normal. I had the slightest feeling that I could go out and live a normal life after all of this chaos went away, now...I know I'm just some kind of freak."

Asami came closer and knelt in front of Korra, holding her head and cradling it to her chest. "You are normal, I just...I've never known anyone that is as....unique as you are." She said, stroking her emotionally distraught friend's hair.

"I'm not a girl, I'm just a disgusting freak..." Korra pulled away from Asami and held her hands to her face. "Just because you have one different body part doesn't mean you aren't any more or less feminine than another girl. You are the most kind, understanding, strong, and beautiful woman I know."

Korra looked over at her, tears streaming down her red cheeks. "You don't mean that." Asami scooted close to Korra again and held her from behind, her arms around the avatar's waist. "I meant every word, you're the only girlfriend I've had. And I will always think of you as just that. A beautiful woman."

Korra blushed and leant into Asami, the pale woman's chin rested on the other girl's head, making her look down to see two beautiful blue eyes peering straight into hers. "I love you Korra."

With that, Korra leant upward and planted a kiss onto the engineer's unsuspecting lips, making them turn to face eachother and deepen the romantic gesture. "I love you too," Korra finally said as they slowly pulled apart.

It was the first kiss either of them had in years and they seemed to look at eachother in a new light. A spark they shared suddenly igniting into a newfound love between the two.