Chapter Twenty seven

Asami awakened to see the side of her bed Korra usually slept on was empty. She found it strange that she would be gone so she got up to look around the room. "Korra?" Asami sleepily called out for her girlfriend, never receiving a reply.

She put on her house coat and walked out of the room and into the kitchen to see Weng sitting at the table, magazine in hand. "Good morning Lady Sato, I see you had a restful night." He said kindly.

"Good morning, have you seen Korra anywhere? It's not like her to run off without telling me where she is." Asami looked at him with a worried expression and he stood to hand her the letter.

"Ah, yes. The avatar informed me that she would be heading out. Before she left, she requested I give you this letter." He looked at her with a mask of sadness hiding his true emotions. As Asami read the letter, her face went through several different expressions.

"No...this can't be. She wouldn't." She said with furrowed eyebrows. Weng hung his head low and sighed. "I am sorry Lady Sato." Asami's eyes watered and she ran into her room, grabbing her equalist glove.

She then walked into Kuvira's room and forcefully grabbed her arm, sending a painful electric shock throughout the already fragile woman's body. "AAAARRGH!" Kuvira cried as she convulsed and fell onto the floor.

"How dare you..." Asami said blankly, her eyes showing no emotion. Kuvira was having muscle spasms and coughed violently when Asami kicked her in the stomach brutally. Another kick to the stomach sent the weak metalbender sputtering out her bodily contents on the floor.

"Asami, please..." She managed between short breaths and painful coughs. Asami stopped and knelt down, sobbing and covering her face in her hands. "How could you do this to me...?" Kuvira let out another cough before getting up onto her knees.

"Weng is lying...you have to believe me." Asami looked up at Kuvira coldly and reached out to shock her again. This time, Kuvira grabbed her arm before she could strike. "Check the letter again." She said weakly. Weng peeked in the doorway and smiled when he saw the metal bender suffer.

Weng then put on a sorrowful face as he went up to help Asami stand. "I am sorry Lady Sato. I will call the police to go on a search for the-"

"No."

"Pardon me?"

Asami regained her composure and walked quietly to her room. Weng looked slightly dumbfounded, but decided to walk away from the scene. Asami's tears had overflown once she sat back onto her bed. Her thoughts on why Korra would ever cheat on her with Kuvira floating in her head.

She then pulled the note out of the pocket of her robe and carefully analyzed it, noticing a slight alteration of the characters. The more she stared, the narrower her eyes became until she came to a realization.

Rushing to put on her combat attire, she ran out of the room and into Kuvira's to help her up, sitting her onto the bed. "Korra didn't touch you. I am so sorry Kuvira...I shouldn't have reacted so irrationally, I..." Asami said with pain in her eyes. Kuvira raised a hand to Asami's face and smiled. "It's alright...Go save her..."

Asami nodded and ran from the room into the hallway, seeing Weng as he was about to send himself underground again. "Weng!" She shouted. The man had a sadistic grin on his face before heading back to his hideout.

Kuvira had managed to put on some of the old chi blockers clothes she found before limping out of the room, holding her stomach. Asami ran to her and helped stabilize her body. "I can take you underground to find him."

"But you're severely hurt," Asami said with concern. "Don't worry about me. We need to save Korra before he does anything to her." Kuvira stomped her foot on the floor and saw that he covered his tracks by collapsing the tunnel.

"It'll be alright Kuvira, I'll get Lin and-" Kuvira had cleared the rocks out of the way in one punch, causing Asami to stop talking. Kuvira jumped down into the tunnel and started to hobble down the path.

"Come on! We're running out of time!"

The two of them started to venture into the underground tunnel, their minds both set on saving the one they love.