Chapter 14: Pine Town

Brandon

Brandon, I'm sorry.

I know I was an ass. 

Can you please forgive me?

It's fine if you don't want 

to talk. But I miss being your friend.

Let me know if you

need anything. 

Stop messaging me, Charlie.

Charlie put her phone down and swore to herself. Sofie walked in, followed by Kyle closely behind. Sofie smiled calmly.

"Don't worry about him, Charlie. He's just pissed. He'll get over himself eventually. He's a teenager. We all are. We get annoyed quickly," she told Charlie.

Charlie nodded. "Yeah.." she shrugged. "We've been here for a while, he's probably just antsy. Are we headed to Pine Town soon?" she asked.

Kyle nodded. "I think we'll be going after we eat," he replied. "The Gym there has fire types."

Charlie opened the bags of food Kyle brought in and grinned. "Nice choice. Best restaurant here. Or so the critics say. Anyway, can we leave as soon as we're done eating? I don't feel great and I want to rest in Pine Town."

Kyle nodded. "Sure," he replied, pulling some burgers and fries out of the bag. He passed them around and the group ate, talking about the Pokedex in between bites.

After a few minutes of eating in silence, the group got up. Kyle knocked quickly on Brandon's door, and told him they were leaving.

"Alright, I'll be out in a minute," Brandon replied. He opened the door a few moments later and forced a smile. Kyle grinned, trying his best to keep a normal atmosphere.

"Alright, let's go!" 

Halfway through the path, it was still silent. Charlie and Brandon where at the opposite sides of the group, and Kyle and Sofie were standing in the middle.

"I hate this," Kyle mumbled.

Sofie nodded. "They're both being immature. And it's really annoying to hear them argue."

Kyle pulled out a Pokeball, staring intently into the woods. "Is that a Wooper?" he asked. "Cool! I'll catch it if nobody else wants it."

Charlie waved her hand carelessly from the front. "You can catch it."

Brandon didn't reply, so Kyle tossed the Pokeball. The Wooper didn't struggle, and it stayed in the ball.

Kyle grinned. "Nice." 

Charlie smiled. "I almost forgot this was a Pokemon journey until then," she joked.

Kyle nodded. "Well, Pine Town is just up ahead now. Let's go." Sofie and Kyle ran off into the town, leaving Charlie and Brandon in the back.

"Brandon.."

"I get it, you're sorry. You said that. And I forgive you. I just needed time. Okay?"

Charlie nodded. Brandon forced a smile, and they started talking about who they thought lead Team Razor. By the time they got into the town, things were almost back to normal.

Kyle grinned. "See?" he told Sofie. "They can not function without the other. I told you," he laughed.

Sofie shook her head. "Well, you cheated. You've known them for longer than me!" she laughed.

Pine Town was a similar place to Skoro Town, though it was more known for the boat docks next to it. It was required to take a boat to the island that was home to the fourth gym. It was a common cause for complaint, as the boat ride took a day and a half.

Kyle smiled. "This gym is Fire type. I think me and Wooper have got this," he told Sofie. "Right after we do a little training." Sofie and Kyle began a battle against eachother, with Kyle sending out Wooper, and Sofie sending out Nidorino. It was a close match until Wooper evolved into Quagsire.

"Quagsire, use Mud Shot!" and like that, Kyle was ready to take on the Pine Gym.