Chapter 18: still not chaos (sort of).

Charlie had just came back to the hotel when Sofie ran up to her.

"Hey, Charlie. You doing alright?" Sofie asked. "You look annoyed."

"That Eddie guy. Asshole." She replied.

"He has a weird opinion on the way stuff happens, but I also caused him a lot of trouble last year. So I get why he doesn't like me."

"He doesn't like us. We're apparently an inconvenience to him. He called me 'gunshot girl'," she snapped.

"That's stupid."

"No shit," she told Sofie. "he would have no reason to hate us if you weren't on Team Razor in the first place-"

"You really think I chose that?" She asked. "They kidnapped me. It was either help them or die. And if we want to play the blame game, they'll come after me too because I'm friends with you three. So thanks."

Charlie frowned. "Sorry."

Sofie shrugged. "Whatever. It's fine."

"How's Brandon?"

"He's in the hotel room. We're all going to the town square. There's a contest going on to fish a golden Magikarp. It sounds fun, so we're working together. You interested?"

Charlie nodded. "Sure. I'll team up with Brandon, I guess."

Sofie grinned. "Hmm.. how coincidental. Working with Brannnnn," she joked. Charlie blushed.

"Shut up."

A few minutes later, the four arrived in the town square. Abe pointed at a statue of a Golden Magikarp.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Teams of two people maximum will be permitted to fish in the Pine Lake today, and the first team to find the Golden Magikarp will win a trophy, and get to keep the Magikarp!"

Brandon grinned. He got to work with Charlie, and, if they won, he got a free Magikarp? Sounded like an amazing deal to him.

"Let's win this," Brandon told Charlie, who smiled.

"I can't really help with fishing, but I'll try to be helpful," she replied.

Brandon nodded. "Don't worry about it. I'm a great fisher," he smiled.

Charlie laughed. "Sure. I believe that. Definitely."

Sofie was fishing in the lake. She had found about 12 Magikarp so far, and let them go once she let Kyle catch the first one for his Pokedex. Kyle was fiddling with the habitat feature on their Pokedex, with hopes of using statistics to find the Golden Magikarp.

"You know, Kyle, you could just fish with me."

"I could. But if this works, we'll win easily!" He pushed his glasses up his nose and continued messing with the Pokedex.

Sofie smiled to herself and continued fishing. "You're determined, I'll give you that."

Brandon sucked at fishing.

It was probably a bad idea for a guy who was isolated and a girl with a busted shoulder to make a team. Nearly every Magikarp that he caught flopped up and splashed water on him and Charlie. But he was enjoying it. It was fun.

"We could catch some Magikarp. Or we could just have fun doing this," Brandon joked. "Opinion?"

Charlie laughed. "I'm enjoying this. I swear I'm decent at fishing, but I'm not screwing with my shoulder any more than it is for a little while. So go right ahead and humilia-"

"That's the Magikarp!" Brandon shouted. By pure luck, the fourth Magikarp that he had actually gotten a decent hook on was a bright Gold. He took the hook out of the Magikarp, grinning to himself, when-

"Karp! Karp! Magikarp!" The golden fish flopped right out of Brandon's hands and back into the water.

"Now! Sofie, throw the rod!"

Kyle had told her to throw the fishing rod three times already since he started, but the Magikarp had all been normal, red ones. This time, she was lucky. The Magikarp was a golden- The Golden Magikarp.

Sofie tapped the Magikarp with a Pokeball to keep it safe, and hugged Kyle tightly.

"It took some tweaking to the systems, but I told you it would work," he grinned.

"You're a genius, dude," she smiled, as they walked back to the town square.