Chapter 27: Conto Town

Brandon, Charlie and Kyle arrived in Conto Town an hour and a half after leaving Pine Town. They rented two hotel rooms, and Brandon and Kyle walked out of their room, talking on the way to take a look at the town. 

"Charlie seems off," Kyle told Brandon, who nodded.

"She's been on edge for a while, which is fair. I just try to block out the shit that's going on around us," he replied. "It's annoying that everything is going so poorly, but it's whatever. Couldn't get any worse," he shrugged.

Kyle nodded. "Yeah, I guess. I feel bad, though."

Brandon nodded. "So do I, but there isn't much we can do," he shrugged.

Kyle agreed, and they walked into the gym. The leader, Brad, grinned at them.

"Hey! You two want a battle?"

Kyle shook his head. "No, thanks. We just got here. Scouting out the town for anything interesting to do."

Brad scratched his neck and smiled. "Alright. Well, we have an arcade if you guys want to play. I believe you can redeem arcade tokens for prizes if you're good at the games," he replied.

Kyle nodded. "Nice," he smiled. "we'll have to check it out," he told Brad as he walked out with Brandon. 

The two walked into the arcade, and looked around. 

"I'm gonna play some Voltorb Flip," Kyle quickly told Brandon. "There's got to be a pattern, so I'm going to see if I can manipulate the patterns," he grinned. Brandon walked over to a corner and started fiddling with a shooting game.

An hour later, Kyle walked over. Brandon had been entertaining himself by fiddling with the games in his corner, and Kyle was holding a Pokeball with a grin on his face.

"Just got a Charmander," he chuckled. "Team is looking pretty good!"

Brandon smiled. "Yep. So, you found a way to game the system?"

Kyle nodded. "So, basically there were.. four or five preset patterns that I saw while doing this. There could be more, but by selecting certain specific squares to flip, I could maximize my chances of determining the patterns. And, by doing that, it was fairly easy to rack up the points."

"Dude, Sofie was right. You're actually a genius," Brandon replied as they walked into the hotel. As they walked towards their room door, Charlie came barreling out.

"Don't go in there!" She shouted.

Brandon groaned. "Why the hell not?!"

"I said don't fucking go in there! Do you need an explanation! Now come on, let's get the hell out of here!"

"Why?!"

"There's a fucking bomb in there, Brandon! Everybody get the fuck out of the building!"

Brandon and Kyle started running as Charlie tossed her blanket into the room, supposedly on the bomb. It didn't appear to be a large scale bomb, but it exploded, leaving a hole in the floor. Kyle and Brandon inched back in.

"Oh, God.." Kyle looked at the gaping hole in the floor. "I think someone is trying to kill us.."

"No fucking shit, Sherlock!" Charlie snapped. "You two idiots got us into this war with Team Razor, so you better get us out of it!"

Brandon took a step back, but glared at her. "I've made some stupid decisions. But claiming that this was our fault, when you and Sofie, purely by existing, have pissed them off just as much, is stupid, especially for you."

He turned around and walked out, as Kyle simply started in confusion, and walked back to the arcade.

"God dammit.. where is Sofie when there's conflict again?" He sent a frustrated text to Sofie.

Hey Sofie. If somehow you got out and are able to read this right now, everything is gone to shit. Please come help us stop Team Razor. Thank you.

He sighed.