27

"Snow?"

I promptly took ahold of my posture and had managed to stood steadily; each of them were watching the scene and I could see how fuming Esther's eyes was — it flared under her cap.

"Babe", Esther called and had met Xin halfway, she held Xin's hand tightly and left me a disgusted glare.

I poked my tounge at her the moment she'd turned to her back. I was left behind them, even my bestfriend was busy with Keran. Marco was too occupied on touring them when in fact, she'd never been here before. I'm so out of place and I have no one: wish I could've someone; just to atleast have some small talks, someone who would make me feel that I'm not alone. All of this were persuading me to just take off and go home. I bet they won't even know that I'll be gone, they're too busy with their circle of so-called-friends.

I'm on second thoughts now; should I head home or still follow them?

"Snow!", Marco called as soon as she noticed how distant I was from them. I took my steps forward till I was inches from her. "Follow me, okay?", she whispered and held my hand. It doesn't felt uncomfortable anymore as I was too fed up with Esther; being so clingy to Xin. Marco had unexpectedly done me a favor, now I don't feel like I was being left at all.

I obeyed her and had followed her on the way to our reserved place. This whole time; Marco had never let go of my hand, not until we'd reached the table. The foods had already been settled and there's a vase of fresh roses that stood on the center of it. An iridescent cloth had covered the whole table up to its bottom; 6 chairs had enveloped the circle. It resembles our dining table back at my parents' house. Each of us had took our seat: I was facing Xin, Esther was facing Alexa and Keran was facing Marco. I made a seat plan so y'all could get my point.

S - SnowK - KeranA - AlexaX - XinE - Esther M - Marco

S - Snow
K - Keran
A - Alexa
X - Xin
E - Esther
M - Marco

I couldn't stare straight as I was in front of Xin, for some times I could feel like she was throwing some random glances on me. I don't know if I was just assuming things but I could clearly feel something.

Everyone is in delight with the foods that had been served. Lobsters, Shrimps, Caviars and Steaks combined with bottles of expensive wines. Esther took out her phone and had called for our attention. Each of us had leaned our heads forward to atleast fit in the frame.

"Cheeeeeese!", Esther yelled as we did the same in chorus. I beamed with full effort; along with the idols. It was once a dream come true but had turned into a terrible nightmare — I'd never thought that I would spend a chapter of my life with them.

The group had dived into the food, including me. It was great, so extravagant.

"US is wonderful, I love it here.", Esther said.

"Yeah, I love the people.", Marco said as she took a glance on me. It felt embarrassing but I somehow had the reward of satisfaction; I smiled timidly as everyone except for Xin, cheered for us.

"When will you answer Marco, Snow?", Keran asked.

Hmm, since Xin had Esther then why not be with Marco, right?

"Soon", My eyes wandered around the table and had spotted Xin, basically cramped. She looks uneasy, like the ambiance of the place had doomed on her.

"Oh, are you too dating?", Esther queried; pointing the back of her fork on us.

"Not yet but soon!", Marco answered.

"Then how about Gia?", Keran had dropped her spoon and she'd almost choke herself; the moment Esther had brought up the name 'Gia'.

"Uhmm she's nothing Esther, I have Snow.", who the hell is Gia?

I glance at Marco and she looks anxious, like something bothers her. I shrugged everything and had finish the rest of the food in my plate. I can't help but to think about Gia, who's Gia?

and... what is her role in Marco's life?

As I said; I don't have the same feelings for Marco but it's quite reasonable to be confuse. I know, I shouldn't interfere with her past as I'm not involved in any of it. However, past could certainly be present in the future, right?

"Baobei!", Esther screamed.

Baobei? I've heard that word before, yes – with Xin. I recalled it clearly; it was the time that I'd provoked her with the name 'Ms. Liu'. She told me that I should call her baobei instead of 'Ms. Liu'. So what's baobei and why was Esther so loud about it.

"Baobei huh!", Keran laughed.

"I thought baobei was too overrated Xin?", Marco asked that made Xin smirked.

Dang, that was sexy.

Oof — self, calm down.

"Yes, I prefer the english word of Baobei.", Xin said, gleaming her eyes at me with a lopsided smile. Was that really necessary, why would she do such a thing?

"BABY!", Esther yelled.

"Better", Xin said.

So it's baby, right?

I stared at Xin for awhile; I wanna bang the table in front of her. Now I know that she'd played me, she'd gamboled my heart. It was all making sense to me — The letters were just materials for her drama, everything was a game of pain for her. It sucks that I'd fell for it.

You treated me like a damn game, now I'll show you how it's played Xin.

"So baobei is baby huh, baobei suits you Marco.", I smiled to Marco; it was obvious that it had surprised her. I used to be so dismissive about infatuation things. I, myself was taken aback by my sudden action.

"I used to have someone wanting me to call them baobei.", I grinned playfully and had placed my eyes on Xin. "Nevermind, that person's long gone anyway.", I gave her a sweet smile before I turned my whole attention to Marco.

"I'll be your girlfriend Marco.", everyone's eyes dilated in shock. My words had blew my heart, I was out of control. Every part in my body felt numb, like it was being held as a hostage by my own damn mind.

I'm not ready for this — How could I bring back time and terminate the phrase that I'd said? — I'm not really ready for this, please, help me.

"Woooh!", Alexa cheered.

This is all Liu Yuxin's fault! If she didn't disturb my peaceful life in the first place, we wouldn't be in such chaos today. Why would she even give me innuendos on falling for me when in fact, she had plans for Esther.

Huh, fuck everything; I'll just go with the flow.

I'll make Marco Lin fan mine and Liu Yuxin will regret everything.