31

After all the exhausting walks and hours in agony; we finally found a room. The sun had already set a while ago and we spent our 10 WHOLE FUCKING HOURS for the hunt of an open room. Though the rain had stopped, the flood never left the ground. And by the looks of ths sky; It'll definitely pour some pools of rain later.

The only room available is the student's lounge. I've actually never been here before; all I knew were the creepy stories circulating around this place. Alexa have told me tons of scary things that had happened in this room. I could vividly recall the story of 'Mary Anne', dang it creeped me out before and it will surely creep me out more, now that I was here.

"Are you hungry, I'll buy some snacks on the vending machine.", Xin angled her head towards the direction of the machine.

"Oh I'm fine", I replied.

I'm currently sitting on the couch while Xin is on the vending machine. I can't help but to think about that eerie legend — I really have this bad habit of making things so complicated. My mind is infuriating myself.

I badly need any happy thoughts. I glance around the place and it's truly disturbing – the feeling of monsters under the couch and psychopaths beyond the windows have crept into me.

"Phew ~ when will this rain stop?", Xin had parted the curtains, leaving the middle space open. I can see from my spot – how the darkness had seemed to invade the whole area. The cumulonimbus clouds were still visible, pouring another batch of raindrops. "Can you check if you have your charger with you?", she asked politely.

I explored my bag, running my fingers on the sheets of my notebooks. Well – uhmm sometimes, I have my usb cord stuck in between pages of my books. Xin sat beside me, maybe an inches away from my place. I started to get anxious as I didn't felt the presence of my cord.

"Can I just borrow yours Xin?"

"Hmm, if I don't have my phone then I certainly don't have my charger.", she smiled apologetically; it's cute.

I rummaged my bag even more, pulling out all of my stuffs. From notebooks down to my pens. For a small bag, I really had a lot of stuffs. I even found my lost coin purse; I'm sorry, I don't clean my bag that often.

"It's not here!", I gritted my teeth with nervousness.

"Try looking inside the pockets.", Xin suggested and I'd immediately obeyed.

I took out some candy wrappers and a bunch of hair ties. I shook my bag but the cord was nowhere to be found. I settled my bag on the center table and stared on the wall; trying to remember where I'd placed that damn charger.

Xin held my bag and shook it aggressively then ---

a picture of her fell out of it. I widened my eyes as I registered the moments, why would I keep that on my bag?

 I widened my eyes as I registered the moments, why would I keep that on my bag?