Watermelon Sugar High

Author's Note: Thank you all so much for your support and kind comments on my last three chapters! It has meant so much to me, and has motivated me while writing this book! Sorry for the sadness of the last chapter :'(. It has relevance to the story, and who Cara is! Regardless, this is a fun little chapter for right before Harry's X Factor audition when duh, duh, duh... everything changes! Haha. Also the song listed above is the song they sing in the car. I love it so much, so if you've never heard it, take a listen! Also when I have gifs of Harry or Cara in the banner, that's the facial expression or picture that takes place at some point in the story (might not always be explicitly written, so just imagine it). Now onto the chapter!

***

CARA

Today is Sunday. One week since my conversation with Harry about my dad, and exactly one week before his X Factor audition.

While opening up to Harry last week was definitely hard, it pushed me to talk about things I've bottled up for so long. I really needed that. This week, he's been so supportive, checking in on me from time to time. Though, he still makes his little jokes as a way to lighten the mood. I appreciate support a lot, regardless of the form its in.

Since Harry is undoubtedly skyrocketing to fame after his X Factor audition, I thought I'd take him on a little day trip to commemorate our friendship and remind him how much he loves being friends with me before he becomes a star. Just kidding. But not really.

I didn't tell him what our plans were for the day, aside from the fact that I needed him to be at my house by eleven o'clock.

Despite the fact that Harry and I are literally the same age, and have practically the same birthday, I still do not have my driver's license. Don't even get me started. It's been plaguing me for months. So, while I'd love to drive Harry to this mystery location, he's going to have to drive us.

Just as I'm about to plop on the couch and wait for Harry, he knocks on the door. I rush over and open it, smiling at him.

"Well, hello," I smile, with a devilish grin. "Come on in," I gesture, opening the door wide.

"What is with you?" he laughs as he steps in, closing the door behind himself.

"So," I ignore him, grabbing my coat off the coat hanger. Today I'm wearing a yellow t-shirt with black mom jeans, and my long, red coat. The red felt awfully fitting for my plans. Harry also has red on, but its in the form of a beanie sweeping his hair back. He also has on a flannel. I continue, "the plan for today is going to remain undisclosed to you," I tell him.

"And why is that?" he smiles.

"Well, I was thinking," I start, "since your claim to fame is happening in approximately seven days, we must have some kind of pre-celebration of our friendship and your inevitable future successes."

He laughs and smiles at me, resting his arm on the door frame. "We've been through this, Cara. I'm not becoming any kind of star. This is literally something my mum randomly signed me up for."

I throw up my index finger, pressing it to his mouth. "Harry. Unnecessary details. We are celebrating today."

He gives me a smile and shakes his head. "Alright, alright," he says. "I presume I'm driving?" he gives me a devilish grin.

I squint my eyes at him. "Very funny," I roll my eyes. "Now, let's go. Adventure awaits."

He chuckles and opens the door, stepping out into the April breeze and heads to his car. I close the door and lock it, following him as I get in the passenger side. He puts on his seatbelt, starts the car and rests his hands on the wheel.