26

(Y/N)'s p.o.v.

I woke up in a white room, the smell of medicine hit me. I recognize this place, but the memories sure aren't pretty. I wanted to cry but I held in my tears. I tried sitting up but I couldn't. Me legs are still not working, they're still paralyzed. I started looking around the hospital room. I saw a television on the corner of the room and curtains covering the door. I heard a knock on the door and a nurse came in.

"Oh you're awake. How are you feeling?" She asked me. She walked towards my bed and started checking the monitors and bag thing.

"I'm ok I guess. My legs are still paralyzed though." I said.

"Yeah, they were like that when you came in four days ago."

"FOUR DAYS?! How long have I been asleep?" I said shocked.

"You hit your head pretty hard about two or three times on the concrete floor. You didn't get a severe injury other than a small concussion."

"Right, so when am I free to go? I have an appointment with a doctor today."

"We know. We checked your IDs and looked you up in both Japanese and American sites. Although we couldn't find much from either Japan or the US. A lady will come by in a few minutes to get some information. After that you should be free to go. We will send you to Dr. (D/N)'s clinic since you don't have anybody else here with you and you are unable to walk."

"Ok, thank you."

"No problem. Oh and I am going to remove the IV now." She said and I nodded. She put her clipboard down. "The tape won't hurt, what's going to hurt is going to be the needle." She said. She then proceeded to yank the tape off. I'm going to say this in my head because I don't think its appropriate to say it out loud, 'SON OF A BITCH. YOU LIED THAT FUCKING HURT!!!'

After she had yanked the tape off she got the needle out and threw it away. She put a cotton ball and taped it to my arm where the needle had just been. She got her clipboard and left the room, leaving me to suffer in boredom. Just as I was going to take a nap another lady with a clipboard came in.

"Hello, I'm here to ask a bit of information before we can release you."

"Ok."

"First and last name please."

"(Y/N) (L/N)"

"Date of birth"

"(D/o/B)"

"Parents name?"

"(M/N) mother's name and (F/N) father's name (L/N)"

"Your status?"

"Single. Unfortunately." I said the last part softly.

"Emergency contact name and number?"

"Is it necessary?"

"Yes."

"Minako Okukawa, (xxx)xxx-xxx"

"Relationship?"

"Friend."

"Any family I can put as emergency contact?"

"No."

"Ok. Any type of insurance?"

"No"

"Billing address and your living address please."

"I am currently staying at a hotel so I don't think it counts. I don't have a home back at Japan either. I also recently came to the US four days ago."

"I see. Phone number?"

"My phone is dead and I didn't bring a charger. Plus its broken."

"Any form of contact?" She started to sound annoyed at this point.

"Uh, not that I know of."

"Alright then, how would you like to pay? Cash, card, or check?"

"I have 5358-

"Well that should be enough for your medical bills." The lady said interrupting me.

"Yen, I have 5358 yen not american dollars."

"Wait just a second." She said. She got her phone out and started doing something.

"That's around 50 american dollars. That wouldn't be enough. Here take this application for financial aid. Turn it in at the financial aid desk and wait for a while till they progress your application." She said handing me papers.

"You'll pay $25 dollars at the front desk when you check out. You are free to go, thank you." She said and then left the room. I just sat there, since the previous nurse had fixed my bed so I could be sitting. I looked for the button to call the nurse and I saw it on the bed. I pressed it and a nurse came a while later.

"Yes?"

"I am allowed to go but I can't walk or move my legs so I need help." I said. She nodded and left. A few minutes later a male nurse came in with a wheelchair. He picked me up and put me in the wheelchair. He handed me my stuff and we left to the front desk. There I paid the 25 dollars and after I had gotten my receipt I was taken to an ambulance. They took me to Dr. (D/N)'s clinic. The nurses helped me get off the ambulance and took me inside the clinic.

"May I help you?" The lady at the front desk asked. The nurses from the hospital left and I was left at my own to move the wheelchair.

"Yes, I have an appointment with Dr. (D/N) today. My name is (Y/N) (L/N)." I said. She started typing in her computer.

"Oh yes, Miss (L/N). Dr. (D/N) is ready to see you." She said.

"Great, um could I get some help?"

"Of course." She said. She asked a nurse to help me and they took me to the doctor's office. She knocked on the door and a 'come in' was heard. The nurse told the doctor who I was and that I had an appointment with him/her. She left the room afterwards.

"So Miss (Y/N) (L/N) you came to check your legs right?"

"Yep, oh by the way I can't move them right now."

"Oh, please explain a bit. I have your medical records in this folder but you still need to explain."

"Alright. Recently when I used my legs a lot and got tired they would basically paralyze as soon as I laid down. They would be back to normal the next day so I didn't really worry. However about two months ago they paralyzed during the day which was unusual. It only last for a couple of hours so I also ignored it. But when I came to the US I feel down some stairs and was taken to the hospital. The nurse there said my legs were paralyzed and they have been till now. I believe this would be the fourth day since I last moved them." I explained.

"I was told you fell down some stairs." He/she said. He/she looked down at the folder and opened it. He/she started to read the information on it.

"Alright, I have some good and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?"