36

Todoroki's p.o.v.

I kept walking with my father to the prison. The walk was quiet. I don't know why I'm doing this. Is this considered invading (Y/N)'s person business? We arrived at the prison and it was a big black building with very little windows. The windows had iron bars across and horizontal. We walked inside and a police officer stopped us. We had to go through a metal detector. I put my phone, wallet, and keys in the bin since it was the only items I had in my pocket and walked thought the metal detector. My father did the same. We got out stuff back after we went through and we walked to the main desk. (A/N, I haven't been to a prison before so idk if this is right. I've been to see someone but I was very little so I barley remember anything.)

"How may I help you?" The lady asked us.

"We're here to see (F/N) father name (L/N)." My father said.

"Ok. Go down that hallway and make a turn right then left and go in the last door to your left." The lady said. My father thanked her and we went the way the lady told us. Once we got to the door it was a small room with a table. The table was split in half with a plastic wall and on the other side of the room was an iron door. We sat down on the chairs and waited. A few minutes later a police officer came in with a man in handcuffs. He had a bit of gray hair. If it weren't for the last name I would say this guy isn't related to (Y/N). He doesn't even look like her. He was sat down and then the officer left the room.

"Who are you two?" The man asked.

"I'm Enji Todoroki and this is my son, Shoto Todoroki."

"The youngest." The man said. That surprised me. How did he know?

"How do you know?" I asked.

"You Todoroki's are quite a famous family in the skating department."

"We came to ask you some questions regarding your daughter, (Y/N) (L/N)." My father said.

"I think you got the wrong guy. I don't have a daughter." The man said. He sounded a sad and annoyed.

"Oh really? Your report says otherwise. Then what about your wife?" My father said.

"I told you, you got the wrong guy. I don't have a family. No wife and no daughter. If that's all you can leave." He said sounding more annoyed.

"Why are you here? Why did you get arrested?" My father kept asking.

"Father I think that's enough." I said getting annoyed at my father.

"Listen to your son, but if you really want to know. I'm here because I made a mistake. A mistake I can't change. However seeing how you act I can see that you might make the same mistake as me. So please love your family and don't take them for granted."

"You don't tell me what to do. I know you're here because you were nothing but an alcoholic. You probably even murdered your own wife. Is that why you say you made a mistake?"

"Listen I told you once and I'll tell you again. I don't have a family, no wife and no daughter. Yes I was arrested for being drunk and aggressive. However I didn't kill anyone, I think."

"Do you at least know (Y/N) (L/N)?" I asked the man. I don't know why I asked but I did.

"No, I don't." He said looking away.

"Times up." A police officer said as he came in the room. He took the man away.

"Listen Shoto, that man has been an alcoholic for years now. He changed after meeting his wife. So I believe that if you hang out with (Y/N) a lot she would do something to you. I'm trying to keep you safe and away from a future like his. If this (Y/N) is like her mother then I believe bad things will happen to you. This man's life went down when he met her. And after her death he went into an even deeper hole. If you don't stop talking to the girl then you might suffer. All I want is to protect you." My father said. I didn't know what to say or do. This man, (Y/N)'s father, has neglected his own daughter and wife when asked about them. What if I don't listen to my father? What if I end up having a family with (Y/N) and I neglect my own family like that man did. I want to be a better father to my children, I don't want to be like my father. If being around (Y/N) will make me into a horrible person then I'll rather be away from her and become a good person.

"Alright. I'll listen to you."

He hugged me after I said those words. I didn't know what to do. If agreeing to be away from (Y/N) made my dad hug me, does that mean he really does cares about me. Does he really care about his family? I decided to hug him back.

I was on my way back to the dorms and I saw a poster of the results from the grand pix finals. Victor Nikiforov got gold again. Huh, this Yuri guy got last place with a low score. I guess skating for Japan gets more recognition than skating for an academy. I wonder if I'll ever be able to skate in the same ice as these people.

I kept looking at the poster and then saw something that caught my eye. (Y/N) is from the same town as Yuri Katsuki. Could they know each other? Nah, what am I thinking. There's no way a famous skater like Yuri Katsuki knows (Y/N). They might be from the same town but I doubt they met each other. I wonder though. When did (Y/N) start skating? If she and Yuri started skating at the same time there is a small chance they saw each other in the rink. Small chance though. Stop! Stop thinking about her Shoto. From now on you'll be mean to her. Maybe then she will leave you alone and you can be safe from a horrible future.