Travels

It was Friday and Kara and Lena's flight was in a few hours. They both decided to leave on Friday so that they can have two full days to spend together.
Alex helped Kara pack her bags for the weekend. Alex had the day off from the DEO and Chris was at work so she decided to help Kara.

"Okay but what if something happens and you need supergirl"

"Don't worry we have Jonn, James and Brainy. If we desperately need you I'll tell Winn to call"

"Okay but what if-" just as Kara was about to form another excuse to not leave Alex interrupted her

"Kara, what's wrong? Why don't you want to go with Lena? It was your idea and plus I thought you loved Lena. Wouldn't this vacation be good for the two of you?"

"I do. I do love her Alex. It's just, I just told her I'm supergirl and now we are going on a vacation together and it's all moving so fast, what if I mess up?"

Alex looked to her sister and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Kara, you have dated so many people" Kara slapped her sisters arm "ouch let me finish. As I was saying, you have dated so many people, but none of these people have made you smile as much as Lena has, Even when you were with Mon-el who I warned you about by the way, you weren't this happy. And if it's moving too fast then talk to her tell her how you're feeling. A relationship works when there is communication. I think you should go to England and relax for a bit. Enjoy your time together without any interruptions, and if you need me, I'm only a phone call away"

"You're right" Kara placed the rest of her stuff in her bag and hugged her sister.

•••

Lena sat in her office, her head pressed against her desk and her hands over her ears.

"Ughhh Chris be quiet. I'll go in a bit I need to finish this work first"

"Lena Luthor if you don't get out of that chair in the next 10 seconds I swear I will tell Kara about the summer vacation in the 3rd year of high school."

Lena lifted her head in shock of the memory.

"You wouldn't dare"

"I would dare. 10"

Lena glared at her friend.

"9"

Lena still didn't stand up.

"8"

"Fine, you win"

"I knew I would. Now go and pack your bags, I'll handle everything here and if there is any problems I will call you."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now go before I call Kara"

"Okay, okay I'm going"

•••

Lena and Kara sat in the back of the car as Alex drove and Chris sat in the passenger seat. Kara and Lena sat hand in hand, with giant smiles on their faces.

"So Kara, Lena tells me you're good friends with supergirl?"

Kara looked to Lena with her eyes as wide as a deer in headlights

"Yeah, we get coffee sometimes. I had to interview her a few times for catco"

"Yeah, Kara is an amazing reporter" Alex said proudly. This was one of the things Chris liked about Alex, the fact that no matter what her sister did she was proud of her and supported her.

"And did you know it was me who made her realise she wanted to be a reporter?"

"No way! Lena?"

"Yes Lena, I went to L-Corp for an interview with Clark Kent and that's when I knew" Kara said smiling and staring into her girlfriends eyes.