Gala's and ex's

Chris and Alex made their way through the gala. It was a sophisticated event and the two of them were dressed as if they belonged. But they both felt as if they were misplaced being there.

"This place is so fancy, even Lena would puke"

"Look, There." Alex pointed at the stage where a woman was stood, she had a gun placed at her ankles, slightly peaking through her suit. "Think that's her?"

"Veronica? Please. She may be bad and stuff but she wouldn't work with Lillian and conspire against Lena"

"What makes you so sure?"

"She had a major crush on Lena back in high school"

"What? Roulette had a crush on Lena?"

Just as if she heard her name the said woman walked up to Chris and Alex.

"Agent Danvers and who is this woman? She doesn't look like your old 'partner'"

"Wow, Veronica. Don't remember me?"

"No way. Christine Trodaire?"

"The one and only"

"Wow, last I heard about you was that your soccer career ended rather abruptly"

"Yeah, last I heard about you was that you ruled a major fight club and got busted by a rookie cop"

"Yeah well that rookie cop is your date tonight"

"Wasn't talking about her"

"Oh, the ex?"

"Okay lets get to the point" Alex interrupted the two.

"Yes please do. I have a speech soon"

"Lillian Luthor, what do you know about her?"

"Only that she was busted recently for her alien hating crew"

"Crew? Oh my god"

"Shut up Trodaire." Veronica spat out

"Don't tell me what to do"

"Chris, just please, let me handle this." Alex said gently rubbing her girlfriends arm.

"okay fine I'm gonna go get us some drinks"

Chris walked away whilst Alex questioned Veronica.

"I wouldn't hurt her, as much as I hate to admit it, I loved Lena, she was a good person. Lillian would try to get anyone on her side, even tried with me. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. Plus aliens are where I get my income."

"Thank you roulette"

"Anytime and Agent?"

"Hmm"

"Chris, she loves you a lot, don't break her heart. She's been through too much. She doesn't love too easily. She's mourned a love before."

"Thank you. I love her too so don't worry, she's safe with me."

Chris came and gave Alex a quick kiss on her cheek before handing her drink. Veronica left announcing she had her speech.

The gala soon grew boring and the two women had decided to leave having already gotten the information they had desired.

They walked through the doors of Alex's apartment and just as the door closed. The two women were brought into a heated make out session. Just as they broke for air, Chris chuckled.

"Why are you laughing?" Alex managed to breathe out.

"It's just, I've been wanting to do that all night, and it seems like you have too. Just amused me."