You're so beautiful

Alex sat down on the chair in front of Jonns desk. Her anxiety taking over.

"Alex I asked you to come in here because we need to talk about your position within the DEO."

"Jonn before you continue, I know I told you that I was gonna leave because it's dangerous but it's fine, I can handle it, We have Kara and Chris now, I'm safer and I'm sure Chris doesn't even want to start a family any time soon so please don't fire me."

Jonn started to chuckle, "Alex I'm not firing you."

"You're not?"

"No, in fact it's the opposite. I heard what you said about you and Chris and I decided that the DEO can use more people like you, I'm leaving the DEO, I'm going to start something new, I want to start a new family with Mgann, and be a man of peace just like my father was and how I can teach the next Martians to be, that being said, I want to promote you to the director of the DEO."

Alex's jaw dropped. "Wait, slow down, you and Mgann are a thing?"

"Really, that's what you got from that? My love life?"

"It's just now Chris owes me 50 bucks."

Jonn chuckled. "So what do you think?"

"About you and Mgann?"

"No, about promoting you to the director."

"I'm a bit surprised to be honest, surely there are better candidates."

"Alex I trust no one more than you, will you accept the offer?"

Alex smiled " I am really tempted but can I get back to you?"

"Take your time Danvers."

•••

The day flew by and Alex and Chris sat in Chris's apartment.

Alex turned to look at Chris.

"Chris?"

"Hmm"

"Can we talk?"

Chris's eyes widened and her voice increased in pitch "it was Kara's idea to increase it to 2000 potstickers."

"What? No, Chris I don't care about potstickers right now."

"Okay, what's up?"

"As you know Jonn talked to me today, and well he offered me a job, as the director of the DEO."

Chris took a minute to process what her girlfriend was saying. "What did you do?"

"I told him that I would get back to him"

"What? Why? Don't you want it?"

"I do, but I wanted to talk to you about it first. See what you think."

"Danvers, you don't need my opinion."

"I know, but I want it. You're someone who I want to hopefully start a family with, this impacts you to."

"You're so perfect. Take the job Alex, it's perfect for you."