Saturday

Chris sat in her apartment and wanted to call Lena, she had to talk to her, but she knew that Lena was probably a little busy with Kara and she was promised no interruptions except in emergencies. But this was an emergency, wasn't it?

She picked up her phone and was about to dial her number when her phone rang in her hand. She read the caller ID and smiled.

"Hey Lee, I was just about to call you"

"Hey is everything alright? My Chris senses were tingling" she joked and then laughed.

"Haha, no Lena it's Alex"

"What did she do? Do I need to go full Luthor on her?"

Chris laughed at the use of her surname.

"No, don't go Luthor on her, the problem is that I'm.. I'm..damn it I'm falling for her Lee"

"Why is that a problem"

"Because what is I lose her? What if she gets hurt and I lose her? What if something happens to her when she's at work?"

"Chris, Alex is amazing at her job and from what Kaaaa-supergirl tells me she's careful and if she does get hurt then she has the whole of the DEO behind her to support her and help her get better"

"I know it's just, you know me and my overthinking"

"Yeah, so get your ass up and go to Alex and talk to her"

"Lena?"

"Hmm"

"What did you mean Kaaaa-supergirl"

"Umm nothing I was just about to cough and I didn't need to cough so I didn't cough"

"Hmmm okay, that is so believable, I'm gonna go to Alex's, Thanks Lena"

"Anytime, and I need to get going I have a very beautiful woman waiting for me"

"Don't want to know byeee"

Chris quickly hung up and made her way to Alex's apartment.

•••

Knock knock

Alex opened the door with a glass of wine in her hand.

"Chris!"

"Hey Alex, can we talk?"

Alex's heart beat rose and she simply nodded her head, afraid for what she would say when she opened her mouth.  The two women made their way to the couch where they sat on opposite ends. Chris looked at Alex and saw the fear in her eyes and smiled at her.

"Alex, I'm falling for you and I'm falling hard, I know we have only been together for a few weeks but I don't know there is something special you. I came here because I wanted to apologise for yesterday and to explain."

"Chris you don't have to it's oka-"

"Alex please"

Alex nodded and sat back

"Okay so, both my parents were part of the police force. My dad still is. He is now the head detective at the NCPD but my point is, I spent my whole life worrying about my parents, whether they would come home or not. I saw my dad get shot in the chest and almost die. I saw my mother get kidnapped because she was too close with superman. Alex I spent my life worrying about the people I love and now I have you and I know you're 'careful' but when you ran towards the explosion I got scared. I don't want to lose you Alex" Chris let the tears roll down her face, whilst Alex moved closer to her to pull her in for a hug.